Alix Perez - 1985

rhythm

VIP Junglist
Audio for all tracks:

Up on red eye also

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Trinity is the pick of the bunch, but quickly loses what makes it special when it pans out. Heard Phantonym before and it sounds good but does the same. All are really well produced, but for me it's on par with that Nighthawks EP which I also didn't buy. No where near the Enchiridion or Numbers EP though.

rhythm

VIP Junglist
Trinity is the pick of the bunch, but quickly loses what makes it special when it pans out. Heard Phantonym before and it sounds good but does the same. All are really well produced, but for me it's on par with that Nighthawks EP which I also didn't buy. No where near the Enchiridion or Numbers EP though.
Whoa whoa whoa

You didn’t like the Nighthawks EP???

:oops:

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Whoa whoa whoa

You didn’t like the Nighthawks EP???

:oops:
Now I never said that. There's were a few times when I thought about picking up that EP and then I didn't. To me, Nighthawks and this are weaker than the other 2 Alix Eps on 1985. Clearly they are well produced, but tunes need to grab me these days and be special for me to buy them. Trinity sounds very boaty with flavours of what LSB did with Potshot and that acid bass line. The B sounds like Monty, and even he's lost what made him stand out on his last 1985 EP - TO ME! :teeth: