Forthcoming Exit Releases

Although I've only bought a handful of vinyl so my experience with them isn't much, I've gotta say that the Stray EP is definitely the highest quality record I've bought. Exit's "true to the craft" slogan is definitely a reflection of their products. As Der Ausländer said, get this one

Just for curiosity, what is the wax's colour of the Stray EP? I've ordered it already, but I am keeping it in reserve at Redeye to get cheaper shipping.

Just for curiosity, what is the wax's colour of the Stray EP? I've ordered it already, but I am keeping it in reserve at Redeye to get cheaper shipping.
Yeah it's black. Would be nice to see more labels bring out some picture discs or colour variants for their releases. The Paradise EP would have looked really cool with a vinyl similar to the artwork

picture discs are really corny imo

Yeah gotta agree with this.. however marbled/coloured on the other hand can just subtly match the colour scheme of the artwork without losing the feel of a disk, could have been used here to good effect.

The recent spectrasoul ep for example looked class.

spectralpcd223-91.jpg

seems like most labels choose to either do colored vinyl with a blank sleeve or full sleeve art with black vinyl. It's probably generally too costly to do both together. Samurai is one case where they've got really good art and it's a shame they don't do full sleeve art ( the colored vinyl thing has always been sort've a signature thing for them and here again they prob can't afford to do both).

seems like most labels choose to either do colored vinyl with a blank sleeve or full sleeve art with black vinyl. It's probably generally too costly to do both together. Samurai is one case where they've got really good art and it's a shame they don't do full sleeve art ( the colored vinyl thing has always been sort've a signature thing for them and here again they prob can't afford to do both).

It is a shame that, but at least they put the artwork sticker on the black sleeve and chuck an extra couple in!

Yeah you're probably right about it coming down to cost.

You'd think though with the cost of vinyl rising regardless of how fancy the sleeve/plate is - it would make sense from a commercial perspective to put a certain quota out that are just aimed at collectors, because they're going to become, more and more, collectors items first and foremost and the artwork is a huge part of that.

I'd be prepared to pay well over the odds for a release which I loved and incorporated all the art associated with it on the plate/cover - hanging on the wall business!

Liking both remixes ^^^ pretty swift turn around on getting these out too!

-------------------------------------------

On a certain Facespace page there was mention of a Burning Shadows remix ep possibly in the works - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AUTONOMIC.MINIMAL/permalink/934261729971606/

Does anyone know anything about this? Noting the ones we know of so far.....

Loxy & Resound - Conqueror X (Clarity vip)

Loxy & Resound - Thin Ice (Skeptical remix)

Loxy & Resound - Inversion (Ruffhouse remix)

Loxy & Resound - Black Hole vip

11899766_489865737857480_4124605167743046418_n.jpg

This was posted on Kid Drama's facebook as forthcoming on Exit. Artwork is sick. I think it might be the Binary Collective LP (or possibly Module Eight but i doubt it).

Back
Top Bottom