.001 DnBForum Competition - Allstars

Re: **DNB FORUM ALLSTARS MIXTAPE COMPETITION (MAY 09)

What bitrate does it have to be in? Obviously the whole team needs to have the same. I was thinking 192...

Also, do we have to wait for someone else to finish before doing our own? Just to see what track would be best to follow. (If anyone from my team (Noize Wellsy) can please reply to their PMs it would be good cos we need to work out each others tracklist so the same song doesn't get played twice)

Cheers.

Yeah I think 320kbs should be standard. The file will only be 40 MB for 20 minute part anyway.

What bitrate does it have to be in? Obviously the whole team needs to have the same. I was thinking 192...

Also, do we have to wait for someone else to finish before doing our own? Just to see what track would be best to follow. (If anyone from my team (Noize Wellsy) can please reply to their PMs it would be good cos we need to work out each others tracklist so the same song doesn't get played twice)

Cheers.

YEP you guys need to talk to each other
and im pretty sure you have to end your mix with a song that your teammate has so smarty can put it together at the end.

i think.

Cheers.

Do like we did the DnBforum mix tape.

when the first person finishes their mix, they must play their last tune till the end,

then sends it over to you, cut it a so you can mix out of the last tune with out playing the whole mix before you can mix.

cut it at an editable point in the tune (must be before u intend to start your mix. other wire it wont edit smoothly.)

play the cut and downloaded mix through ya CDJ, Laptop etc and (making the pitch stays at exactly 0, or gain it wont be flush)

mix out and continue with your mix, when you are happy with it, edit it back onto the orginal mix you recieved, upload and send it to ya next team mate.

this make perfect sense to me but give us a shout if ya dont understand, i think this is the best way to do it.

Last edited:

An alternative way to do this is:

Finished a section on a tune that both you and your team mate has, and after it's been mixed in, let it roll to the end of the tune before you stop recording.

Send the mix to your team mate who can then beatmatch his copy of the same track with your on the end of the mix.

Then start the next recording with the same tune at the same pitch but only start mixing out of the second drop of the tune.

That can give whoever is piecing the two files together enough leeway to make it sound flush.

Again, if you don't quite understand just send me a message and il explain it better.

Last edited:

Cheers.

Yeah cool man, gonna organise my tracklist over the weekend then il pm you and Noize, pretty excited for this!:)

320's all the way guys. Also if you want me to link together your teams mixes, I will need you to follow Controller's instructions, as it would make life a hell of a lot easier for me.

An alternative way to do this is:

Finished a section on a tune that both you and your team mate has, and after it's been mixed in, let it roll to the end of the tune before you stop recording.

Send the mix to your team mate who can then beatmatch his copy of the same track with your on the end of the mix.

Then start the next recording with the same tune at the same pitch but only start mixing out of the second drop of the tune.

That can give whoever is piecing the two files together enough leeway to make it sound flush.

Again, if you don't quite understand just send me a message and il explain it better.

this will work if ya have the same tunes....good shout. but u will have to make sure all your EQ's are exactly the same or the switch over could be noticeable...namsayin?

Last edited:

Sorted my T/L out just need to get 2 phono adapters for my new Xone 92 and Ill get my ass recording.

this will work if ya have the same tunes....good shout. but u will have to make sure all your EQ's are exactly the same or the switch over could be noticeable...namsayin?

Thats the only trouble yeah but im sure all the DJ's involved have slightly different needles, mixers & soundcards too so there's always going to be a small change in audio quality or levels.

I know what he's saying, finish my set on a tune that the next DJ has so $marty can blend it better. But I can't bring in my next tune until the second drop. Correct?

So, Wellsy and Noize, we need to find a way to communicate better. Add my MSN, it's the little man under my name if you didn't already know.

Last edited:

I know what he's saying, finish my set on a tune that the next DJ has so $marty can blend it better. But I can't bring in my next tune until the second drop. Correct?

So, Wellsy and Noize, we need to find a way to communicate better. Add my MSN, it's the little man under my name if you didn't already know.

yes people please communicate with your teamates otherwise you wont be allowed to join for the other team competitions.

thanks.

Just gotta say Chloe that artwork is abolutely wicked. How long does something like that take you from start to finnish?

Just gotta say Chloe that artwork is abolutely wicked. How long does something like that take you from start to finnish?

its not difficult at all, had it done in 15 minutes :)
and thank you, glad you like it.

Having it done in 15 minutes probably says more about your skilltingz than the ease of making those kind of things. Its a good incentive for the winner having you design something, this competition is a wicked idea (y). I'll probably be getting involved in the next one, a bit busy right now.

If you want the mixes to sound the same then hook and use the same equipment :) Hehe thats what we're doing, but we live 20 minuts from each other ho ho ho

Back
Top Bottom