Your first set in a club..

don't bother

you're obviously going to clang to fuck and have no hope of doing anything better than detonate and if you do you'll get run out of town.

Stick to the bedroom mate

Thats just moronic.

I love how quick people are to crush others.

Personally i think having a time frame to learn in will do him favours.
I always get mixing non stop when i know i have something coming up.

Although i do agree that 6 months isnt long at all :/ Unless your severely dedicated and devote every waking second to mixing, and every sleeping second dreaming about mixing.

don't bother

you're obviously going to clang to fuck and have no hope of doing anything better than detonate and if you do you'll get run out of town.

Stick to the bedroom mate

And you stick to your stand up comedy acts?...

btw people lol ..Im like the only new guy haha ..the other people doing it with me have already done a few sets :p
...I'll only be up for about 30mins.

And Mattix & Futile will hopefully be coming down, gonna try get some people down in Leicester to come up too!

If i was in your shoes after a few months praticing i would sit down pick out a good 30/45 min set listing and practice that set for a few months, perfecting it. I wouldn't expect you to go in the club with a big bag of records and take it from there.

So you’re running your own event at Stealth? 1st of all, if you have only just got decks, can I recommend NOT playing at the 1st event……get other experienced heads in, these needn’t be expensive either, Nottingham is FULL of talent that don’t charge through the roof……I’d personally recommend Phil from Hustle Audio, heard him play out a few times and never disappoints, as well s the CULT (event at Spanky Van Dykes) regulars…….

For promo of the event, Stealth is usually filled anyway due to its reputation, but if you could get a detonate resident on the night this would help, what with Detonate being the local rave. Most important thing in Nottingham is flyers/posters in the Uni buildings, get the students in the know and they’ll do all your promo for you through word of mouth.

Good luck with it mate, keep me updated with the details and I may come down, I love Stealth…..spend most of my Saturday nights there

if you need help mate, i run nights over in derby and know the whole crowd so sling me some flyers/posters and ill put em up for ya.

have fun, thats the most important part of playing at or running a club night, get all your mates down, get their mates down, and have a fuking good party. if your not confident at playing, put yourself on first, keep it simple and have a laugh, then enjoy the rest of the party and watch/listen to the other djs to get ideas of ways to improve. as said already, keep it cheap, the music and the vibe is most important, if its good, you'll get more people n can put ur budget up as word spreads. have fun and good luck!

Probably the best advice yet.
I've not played a club before so cant really dish out any pointers, but if its your first mix out then try to plan ahead, know what tracks you're gunna mix. Practice practice paractice and find out which tunes mix easily together. Just keep it simple and smooth, and good luck!

even though you have six months, if your beat matching is tight and you have decent monitors youll be fine

Regardless of your mixing ability putting on a night in a MASSIVE step.

Being brutally honest, you're going to struggle....

This isn't in a harsh way but it's just the way of the world, especially in a city as rammed with good d&b nights as Nottingham: Expect to lose money.

Well, if your booking headliners and the clubs costing you that is, obviously you can avoid losing money by keeping it small, but then what's the point? Think very carefully about that balance and don't just go in with loads of headliners thinking your night will be rammed just because you've paid for big artists.

Last edited:
And you stick to your stand up comedy acts?...

btw people lol ..Im like the only new guy haha ..the other people doing it with me have already done a few sets :p
...I'll only be up for about 30mins.

And Mattix & Futile will hopefully be coming down, gonna try get some people down in Leicester to come up too!

who are mattix and futile? sounds like a recpie for an empty club and losing loads of money, looks to me like you're the joker mate.

I’d personally recommend Phil from Hustle Audio, heard him play out a few times and never disappoints,

Second this. He came down to play at my last night in London, Sub:side (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subside/113086732077835) in November and smashed it, top bloke as well and a good label to get involved with your night.

I'd play for free for you btw ;) even though I'm London based (www.soundcloud.com/invisiondnb)

Inbox me Spawn and we can chat promo tips.

Also ignore the hate, I played my first set out after mixing for 2 months, it was a bit clangy but played some good tunes and got the room bouncing, in under a year since I've played plenty of gigs including room 2 at Fabric a couple of times. You can definitely get good quickly if you work hard at your mixing!

Eazee ..yeh I decided to call it off and just got for a little 30minute slot on one of there own nights.

all the comments & advice were much appreciated!

...If any of you need some promo just give me a shoutt :) ..Youtubes on 35,000 subscribers so it's kinda worth it :D :p x

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

who are mattix and futile? sounds like a recpie for an empty club and losing loads of money, looks to me like you're the joker mate.

Who are they? Who are you? :|

Atleast my name and there's come up on google ..Your just some random with nothing better to do than try and shit on people? :)

Back
Top Bottom