Your first ever drum n bass event/venue/rave?

It was a post christmas to new years bender in which i saw Futurebound at this amazing little club here in melbourne and it ended with Skream and Benga a few days later.
Best few days, so much fun.

Went with mate to a party in a railway arch in Hackney. Wasn't just Dnb, house & techno too, but a few DnB / Jungle sets. Was around the time Adam F Colours & Roni Size Reprazent were coming out.

Big.

Was sweet too, cos I'd never been out raving before, and the railway arch had never held a rave before, but me and mate who I went with had shot a music video in there and set up a fake rave for the video, they saw how good it looked and decided to have a go at putting one one. So I sort of had a hand in helping it happen.

Never personally been into commercial nights and big names, more free parties and underground clubs, until we started promoting our night in 02.

:twisted:

First event would have been one of many free squat/warehouse parties in/around London but apart from one in a place overlooking Ealing Common I can't remember where any of them were. Also remember doing parties around Watford in the main forest up there and quite a few on Croxley (sp?) moor.

Don't make em like they used to :D
4871672.jpg

my first dnb rave was fabric playaz easter special 2008. that was maddness first time i think C&S played take me away. the dubplate rinses fabric the bass is just rawwwwww

id nevver realy listened to dnb before except for a couple of my mates dnb arena cds in there cars it was about 3 years ago i was absaloutly wankered and stumbled into custard factory in birmingham dont know what the event was or who was playing but the place was totaly packed and the tunes were awsome from that moment on i was totaly hooked on dnb before then id bin bimblin around standard clubs putting up with mainstream tunes and didnt realise how good dnb could make you feel so i began my search for more tunes more labels and more events, happy days

The first big one I went to wen I was actually old enough was infidelity @ carling academy Bristol, massive night loads of big djs n mcs. Still remains one of the best Bristol raves i've been to. Was on sept 15th 07 still got the flyer on my wall that started my collection now I got 2 walls full of rave flyers!

this is it! such a sick night

my 1st event back wen id jus turnd 16 was at subdub in leeds with G Dub, Visionary, Steppa, Caspa & Rusko (back wen they used to be HALF descent). this was lyk a month after i started listenin to drum n bass, the atmosphere was something else nice smallISH club. had a wicked night, n from that one event iv only missed 1 subdub (subdub being leeds biggest monthly event for those that havnt been). and yea that how my drum n bass journey began. lol.

2006 - Fabric - Playaz...

Remember being room 1, absolute madness, been raving like mad since then....love it hard.... gottta love that place. never experienced an atmosphere like that, was 19 at the time. hype hype hype...killed it....

Was just some house party that had a DnB DJ for the night. A mate of a mate jobby.
All i remember is brocking out for a good 5 hours solid. The neighbours knocking at my mate's front door to complain, me answering and telling them that i'm actually my mate, and that the person they've been talking to for the past 12 years was an imposter.

I woke up with a cigarette burn on my arm as well. All in all, a winning night.

I remember that one! Was a fuckin mint night! Infidelity's always seem to be wicked. they had one with a similar looking flyer in 2008 aswell.

yeh mate i remember around that time there seemed to b a big night at acdemy every other weekend. a few weeks after that infidelity was a big random concept where sum cunt tried biting my ear off. then in november n january there was the revolution vs overload they were big nights too. il take a pic of my fave night in bristol so far. was in march this year at clockwork overlaod the resurrection! got the flyer to that infidelity in 08 aswel i rmember that one not being as good as i thought.

First rave i ever went to was breakin science at koko (back when they did things there) think it was 2004 nye. wrnt even 18 but doctered me id and got straight in. will neva forget that!!

yeh mate i remember around that time there seemed to b a big night at acdemy every other weekend. a few weeks after that infidelity was a big random concept where sum cunt tried biting my ear off. then in november n january there was the revolution vs overload they were big nights too. il take a pic of my fave night in bristol so far. was in march this year at clockwork overlaod the resurrection! got the flyer to that infidelity in 08 aswel i rmember that one not being as good as i thought.

Yeah man, academy has gone downhill within the last year or so. I went to all them night's you mentioned, that overload vs revolution used to do them classic combos nights, they were fuckin mint. Was that overload resurrection the one that eksman was promoting?

Yeah man, academy has gone downhill within the last year or so. I went to all them night's you mentioned, that overload vs revolution used to do them classic combos nights, they were fuckin mint. Was that overload resurrection the one that eksman was promoting?

I go to the academy every month, But like you said they've gone pretty quiet of late , The Classic Combo Nights were sick , Remember Seeing Craze last november, fuckin tore the place down

Back
Top Bottom