Your first ever drum n bass event/venue/rave?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by hannah.s, Sep 30, 2009.

1. hannah.s

hannah.s Member

I was 16 when i experienced my first drum n bass event, about12 years ago, it was at a club in Tottenem, London. The club was called Labryinth and was down a back alley which at first was abit daunting, but the atmosphere, dj's, mc's and music blew me away. I remember seeing Kenny ken, Rap, and Jumping Jack Frost over the 2 times i went there and i stop dancing at the front of the stage all night. It shortly closed down, i think about a year later, absolutley wicked though.
    :crazy:

All the different types of events i've been i still prefer smaller venues, good atmosophere and harder to get lost:D

2. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

random tent at a free music festival where i live in ashford.

the i guess first proper one was the breakology tent at Zoo8 in 2008, been to loads since i lost my rave virginity. always wanted to go to one, but was never involved in the scene enough to know where to go. now im bang on it

3. Wazza

Wazza Its Not Relevant is it

When i was 16 an event called rebirth in Glastonbury Dj's on the night were Pendulum , Friction , Benny Page and Chase n Status The Experience Completely Changed me and for 5 years ive been Going to raves at least once a month.

4. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

desire 95 in milton keynes! what a banger!

5. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I think mine was about 7/8 years ago at a free party in Bristol, they used to do jungle nevents at a place called trininty which was an old church.. wicked little venue. I defo prefer smaller venues (although places like the sanctuary used to be good), they used to do Hysterias at a club called the depot and that was spot on

6. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Helter Skelter Energy 96 at the Sanctuary.

Randall & MC MC and Hype & GQ & MC MC were fucking ridiculous.

7. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

Sophonic sessions, Zanzibar Liverpool, no one big on the nite, jus NW raw talent.

8. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Exodus 94' in Luton, legendary Free-Party thing.

But 1st proper rave was Amazon '95 in Wolverhampton.

Still the most millitant rave I have ever been to, maybe bar One Nation Valentines B2B Special @ The Rex '98.

The Gunshot tune should never have been taken so literally... :(

Edit: Hai Voice :wave:

9. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

First for me was a Rave in Ilford @ The Island called 'Time Tunnel' in 1993 (see someone shot and killed in there 3 years later @ Jungle Mania), can't for the life of me remember who played...i remember The Weed Killers from Weekend Rush & Kool being there with Fearless but thats it.....night was a haze of hardcore jungle, speed, E's and Red Stripe!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. hannah.s

hannah.s Member

I went to a exodus about 10 years ago, we had to follow a convoy to the location, proper crazy.:crazy:

11. MC DONKEY DICK

MC DONKEY DICK BIG!

Hysteria @ Club UK, Bristol 2004. Was quite a good little venue only went there that once, and i dont think it's open anymore. Cant beat the little grimey shithole places for atmosphere imo.

12. Moskit

Thats what I had to do, before the days of those pesky Mobile Phone things, good times Roger, good times. ;)

13. mr A

mr A Well-Known Member

What was Amazon like? I don't live far from wolves but in 95 i was 16, a short arse and i looked about 10 so there was no chance of me getting in.

14. Nick-ep

Nick-ep RudeFM/In-Reach

Breakin Science @ Se one, Full valve soundsystem across 5 arenas. All i remember was comming in seeing mampi starting. Was really intense as id never been to anywhere like this before. Other people playing were Andy C, Pendulum, Friction. They also had a renegade hardware room & a hosptiality room. used to love the MC's back then aswell IC3 was B2B Eksman. was ruuude!

Last set of the night in hardware room was Friction. Didnt have a clue who he was, just heard he was big. He ended with vault VIP. was ruuuude!

Ever since iv been non stop raving. Never would i go to a breakin science again, hate all the big raves full of jump up mish mash & baare MCs. was a good eye opener though :)

15. Moskit

I was only 15 mate, but I basically haven't changed appearance since, so I guess I looked quite old for my age.

Security was lax as fuck, simply beacause it was so millitant in there I guess...

Unless you could hold your own, or where rolling deep, it wouldn't have been worth attending to be honest...

Very moody/dangerous, but no rules (good in one way, bad in another).

Music & system were fucking amazing though.

They don't make 'em like that anymore... :(

16. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Hysteria at the depot used to get quite grimey. I think club UK got shut cause someone was shot and killed outside the club

17. hannah.s

hannah.s Member

Wouldnt say never but totally agree with your point, i've been to a couple of Hysterias where theres been so many mc's on the stage at the same time, you couldnt even see the dj anymore.

18. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Apeture in Clwb ifor Bach about 2 years and 2 months ago.

Fuck knows who was playing, it was also my first time on E.

One of the best nights of my life.

19. Nick-ep

Nick-ep RudeFM/In-Reach

Just wish my first rave was @ The End club over in west central street. since 1995 i could have gone but i didnt know such an amazing place existed. Only went there 2 years ago for my 18th. ever since that was literally the only club i would go to.

RIP THE END

20. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

last ever breakin science at camden palace think it was 2003