WON'T WAIT FOR YOU

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
I played this tune back to a few Japanese blokes on a proper PA last weekend ... they went from complete Japanese correctness to utter madness in 2 minutes! Still, I'm undecided if this one is ready yet for mastering or not. Here a few questions, maybe you can have a quick listen and help?

1) Is it too long (6+ min), short I cut it shorter?
2) Still plenty of ideas on more melodic elements or variations of vocal chops, but would it overload the track?
3) Sound overall balanced enough (or anything sticking out too much on your sound systems)?

Ta!

WON'T WAIT FOR YOU

I think the balance is spot on tbh mate in terms of individual elements.

The length is negligible really, however, it could benefit in terms of progression from a more varied array of melodies/drum edits/samps etc etc without the fear of overloading it.

Its not my cup of tea tbh, so just be wary I'm looking at that from a purely technical point of view, if that's the feel/vibe/sound you were going for, it might be worth ignoring me lol.

:2thumbs:

1) Length is fine
2) Probs wouldn't overload the track as long as you insert them carefully and don't just layer them on top of what you've already got.
3) Nah, is all goooooooood

Would say the jump between sections is a little jarring, maybe through in a riser or two? :2thumbs:

I think what Polymer said mimics my thoughts spot on really. I do quite like the general vibe you have going on and it's quite unique in it's own way keep it rather individual and not like everything else. Have you used an auto panner on the vocal. It works but I'd probably try some variation with it and have sections of vocal pop in and out where it centralises itself or sounds different to add a bit of extra variation. The point about the risers would be a thing to add a bit more energy and definitely help join the key sections together better. Other than that, I like the mix and wouldn't say anything particularly needs fixing at all. Oh and the length isn't an issue at all. I just finished a 7 min track this week and often hit the 6 min most of the time anyway. It's the other way around that does my nut in most of the time, where you can't mix them without simply having to drop them in instantly or relying on this modern cue point looping feature you get in a lot of software these day.

I think the balance is spot on tbh mate in terms of individual elements.
The length is negligible really, however, it could benefit in terms of progression from a more varied array of melodies/drum edits/samps etc etc without the fear of overloading it.
Its not my cup of tea tbh, so just be wary I'm looking at that from a purely technical point of view, if that's the feel/vibe/sound you were going for, it might be worth ignoring me lol.
:2thumbs:

thanks, the first real fair comment I read from you towards my direction ..
you are right, I am thinking of some variations for this track and will use your comments to work on it.
ta!

1) Length is fine
2) Probs wouldn't overload the track as long as you insert them carefully and don't just layer them on top of what you've already got.
3) Nah, is all goooooooood
Would say the jump between sections is a little jarring, maybe through in a riser or two? :2thumbs:

thanks for answering all Qs 1-3, interesting input from you. I was thinking of risers but I often overuse these, so I wanted to keep this track riser free. but you might be right, a nice weird rise in the back could be the final missing spice which I am looking for this track .. I will check if anything fits well. cheers for listing and your feedback! :2thumbs:

I think what Polymer said mimics my thoughts spot on really. I do quite like the general vibe you have going on and it's quite unique in it's own way keep it rather individual and not like everything else. Have you used an auto panner on the vocal. It works but I'd probably try some variation with it and have sections of vocal pop in and out where it centralises itself or sounds different to add a bit of extra variation. The point about the risers would be a thing to add a bit more energy and definitely help join the key sections together better. Other than that, I like the mix and wouldn't say anything particularly needs fixing at all. Oh and the length isn't an issue at all. I just finished a 7 min track this week and often hit the 6 min most of the time anyway. It's the other way around that does my nut in most of the time, where you can't mix them without simply having to drop them in instantly or relying on this modern cue point looping feature you get in a lot of software these day.

hi, thanks for listing and your in-depth feedback. glad you like the track. yes, I used the stereo savage plugin for the vox. good idea to add some variations there. will check if this works well in terms of the additional little feature for this track I'm looking for .. cheers man ! :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom