WIP bans Traktor from future events.

and about "crowd not giving a shit what format you use" i disagree. even one of my mates who knows nothing about mixing said it's lame dj-s playing music off from their laptops. there you have it. at least one person in the world who isn't a dj cares about the format. a medium you play your music off should look professional so regular crowd wouldn't think "hey i can do that if he can"

Sure when people are clicking buttons on a laptop it looks bad, but with timecode vinyl you at least look like a "real DJ"... I've even had people come up to me after a set (I use traktor & timecoded vinyl) and say "So nice to see people still mixing on vinyl!!!"... they were never watching long enough to notice I didn't actually change the vinyls that were on the decks. I think in general, if the entire audience is spending the whole night scrutinising the DJ then it sounds like a shit night...

i don't use cdjs, but im pretty sure that if i just moved the pitch to the correct % and did nothing more i would clang more than a blind man in a china shop.

Raaaah i though the sync button just matched up the speeds. Yea you need to be able to get them tings in time.Not like it's even hard!

In fairness. I saw someone play a set on a big mp3 controller and after about 5 mminutes of thinking about it realised he was smashing it and thoroughly enjoyed his set. The selection was spot on.

If these promoters cannot be bothered to spend 20 mins listening to a live mix of someone they spent hundreds or thousands on booking then they deserve all the disappointment they get.

Really they should have just taken the decision to stop booking shitty DJs or at the most ban MIDI controllers for DJ sets.

the unfortunate truth is that djs can smash it using the sync button or midi controllers. it shadows true potential of a dj. its gunna get to a point when someone will outshine a big dj with the use of more advanced technology. i guess its kinda similar to Formula 1 drivers. how can you compare jackie stewart to jensen button when the technology has changed so much? i think that if anyone went back with the right technology they could have won a championship. i think im slightly straying from the point here but i hope u know what i mean...

I'm still waiting for clubs to install gramophones

wind up gramophones. now thats a skilled dj.
winding up 2 of them simultaneously while applying bass switching screwface action and giving it some gun fingers with both hands. octopus business.

why dont octopi dj? oh yeah water and electricity dont mix. when they learn to breath air we are all fooked.

If a DJ is shit, he's shit. It has nothing to do with the format he uses. The most boring set's I've heard are from big artists like Sigma and Chase & Status using pre pitch CD's with uninspired double drops all the way through. But then I've heard Loxy smash the shit of systems using the same format (albeit not pre-pitched).

Seems to me this statement is for publicity.

Completely disagree with you big time!!! You cant just tar every S4 user with the same brush!!

Ive recently just got my self an S4 after mixing on 3 1210s for nearly 8 years, and ive never gone near a sync button. I still beat match exactly the same as i did when i had my 1210s. I just wanted to make the switch to digital and in my opinion the S4 and Traktor was right for me.

I've used the S4 quite a bit and I think it needs a lot of improvements.
First the pitch is far too small. A tiny movement changes the speed drastically. Its still usable but its a pain in the arse at times.
Second, the EQs are shit. I'm not sure if you can change the settings but it sounds like the EQ's only reduce by about 12dB. That is nowhere near enough IMO. 24dB is standard in a lot of mixers and I don't feel that that is enough, although it depends on the cutoff freq.
The filters are okay but I couldn't work out how to turn the resonance off, which means its more gimmicky rather than an actual tool for bringing tracks in and out.
High resonance settings rarely sound good in a high noise level environment IMO.

Seems to me this statement is for publicity.

I agree. I think they are trying to be down with the ''real DJ's''.
Its silly really.

I'm pretty sure DJ Craze uses Traktor and has far more skill than the majority of DJs out there.
No one who uses a CDJ could ever match what he does when he uses 2 1210s, a mixer and Traktor.

What does DJ Semtex use? Other than one arm?

blakckid.gif

Back
Top Bottom