wingz - Sept 2012 AKA Kerb Comp. Mix

nice set. but you know i dont like sets with traktor... makes it to easy imo :/

spar mal geld und geh ned sooft aufs vollkontakt :P

not that easy when you remove waveforms and bpm counts :P

ja ich hab eh bald bday, mal schauen wie viel da zusammenkommt

why remove waveforms? as for bpms - they're useless anyway if you know how to beatmatch. but waveforms on traktor are just like lighter and darker spots on vinyl....and checking the grooves on vinyl makes mixing too easy and is considered cheating?

only need the seconds roughly 22 44 and so on, 16 bars 32 bars etc.

dunno i never had vinyl

why remove waveforms? as for bpms - they're useless anyway if you know how to beatmatch. but waveforms on traktor are just like lighter and darker spots on vinyl....and checking the grooves on vinyl makes mixing too easy and is considered cheating?

Checking the grooves on a vinyl is cheating!? Sorry pal but that is the most retarded thing iv heard in a long time!

Checking the grooves on a vinyl is cheating!? Sorry pal but that is the most retarded thing iv heard in a long time!

mate, that was a rhetorical question, can't believe you meant it this way. let me explain...what i meant was that (imo) there is nothing wrong checking the waveforms on traktor, because they're similar to the lighter and darker shades of grooves on vinyl. traktor waveform = grooves on vinyl. so if someone says that traktor is making mixing easy, because you can check the waveforms, i argue against it, because on vinyl you can check the grooves and no one's saying that it's making mixing easier or is cheating or whatever.

of course the waveforms on traktor are more detailed and you can set cuepoints for example and i think if one is using traktor to mix then all these features are cool to use, because you can make a lot tighter mixes - there is no point hindering yourself.

so the point is that if you use traktor or serato then take advantage of the features...hell, use sync if your conscience allows it (but bear in mind that using sync and not being able to beatmatch without it makes you just lame and you're not considered a dj)

"you" in my post is impersonal

yea sorry bout hijacking your thread bro. i did listened your mix to the end, but unfortunately i can't remember much :(. as i look at the tracklist, i think the beginning was tighter than the second half, but it doesn't mean i didn't like it. the tracklist is just my taste and overall it flowed nicely..at least i can't remember anything odd going on there. there were however couple of spots where the offbeat was noticeable, but no biggie. overall, nice dark ride.

would listen to it again to refresh my memory, but unfortunately cant, cause people are sleeping in same room and i don't have any headphones.

Mix was sickkkkkk! the Elevate this Sound - True Romance tease was perfect
Also, what the fuck at Future Signal - Safe House, tune is nasty! Need to bag that, along with Nickbee - Human Race.
Big up Wingz!

mate, that was a rhetorical question, can't believe you meant it this way. let me explain...what i meant was that (imo) there is nothing wrong checking the waveforms on traktor, because they're similar to the lighter and darker shades of grooves on vinyl. traktor waveform = grooves on vinyl. so if someone says that traktor is making mixing easy, because you can check the waveforms, i argue against it, because on vinyl you can check the grooves and no one's saying that it's making mixing easier or is cheating or whatever.

of course the waveforms on traktor are more detailed and you can set cuepoints for example and i think if one is using traktor to mix then all these features are cool to use, because you can make a lot tighter mixes - there is no point hindering yourself.

so the point is that if you use traktor or serato then take advantage of the features...hell, use sync if your conscience allows it (but bear in mind that using sync and not being able to beatmatch without it makes you just lame and you're not considered a dj)

"you" in my post is impersonal

Fair play!

So, after spinning this through and through for the last couple of days it's time for feedback, ain't it? :) Kicking off with that beatiful tease of True Romance you know you want more. Really fell in love with that Break remix of Let Me Go, really funky vibes, mixed pretty well and sat on top of Elevate This Sound nicely. Bald move with Count To Ten, definitely paid off and Solitude coming in, really nice so far. Loved it all the way through to Life Forms, even though I really hate Snorkel it worked so well with Driftwood and Changes remix (which I haven't heard before and it's fucking lovely). Then you let it fade out and start over with Recondite, nice mix with Chestplate and here comes Mode Destruction, this one's a killer! Halo Danger is a tune and a half, but that Icicle's remix tops it. Really loving this. Then it's rolling nicely when suddenly Drum Circle kicks in and the madness starts. Really steppy section nicely rounded by Underprint. That last tune is really nice (and for free!), felt a bit of a loss of energy after Underprint tho. Nonetheless really superb mix, definitely your best one so far. Big up Markus and good luck with the competion (wait till I finish my comp mix and beat you) :D

big mix all round, flows nicely and has a top tracklist. so far up my street i think i may live there!

thanks cartel, glad you like! gonna put yours on my mp3 for listening on the go, definately looking forward to it as we seem to have pretty similiar taste

i was gonna but theres no dl enabled :F

Last edited:
Right here we go mate:

Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound >> D-Bridge - True Romance - beautiful wish I'd found it, looks so good on paper and does not disappointing wingz excellent start. Would have maybe prefered the double but worked equally well in this case.
Octane & DLR feat. Marion - Let Me Go (Break Remix) - Nice mix man, listened to this track before but overlooked it a bit I think. Bit of a vocal clash but sounded nice in parts.
DRS - Count To Ten feat. Enei - tight mix, sounded good on the double maybe would have prefered the straigt switch on this one but you pulled it off.
Vicious Circle - Solitude - wicked tune not heard it, can't think why must have slipped under the radar some how. Much better mix than the one previous in terms of gelling them togther think. Ever so slightly out, like a teeny tiny bit as they drop but hey I'm sure you know that. Don't wanna nit pick or anything man, barely noticable. Came in very swishly.
June Miller & Syntex - Sleep - Yeh sick tune, really nice switch up on this one.
Halogenix - Raya - again pace picking up, such a nice movement of energy from the last few tracks, building good.
Mutated Forms - Best Served Cold - Class mix this, not heard this track again safe for bringing it to my attention.
Noisia & Icicle - Driftwood - Need to dig this out, blended seamlessly. Worked well together.
Siren - Snorkel - cool mix, snorkel doesn't get old does it.
Big Bud feat. DRS - Changes (Roygreen & Protone Remix) yeh i dig, little bit less high on snorkel maybe on the drop. nice cut back into snorkel @ 21:33 perfect.
Mortem - Life Forms - missed this one as well, banger. again the mix was on point dude.
Dexcell - Recondite - I don't know where I have been for the last couple of months I seem to be out the loop or somethin. Big big tune this, mix aint half bad either :)
Zero T & Beta 2 - Chestplate - Awesome mix potential fav so far.
Ant TC1 - Mode Destruction - yeh ok
Sabre - Halo Danger - really like this tune
Icona Pop - Nights Like This (Icicle Remix) - hadnt heard this one, not sure if I like it or not to be honest man, but the mix is fine loik.
NickBee & Malk - Human Race - again sounds sweet man
Dub Phizix - Codec - BAD
Future Signal - Safe House - gritty track this, effortlessly swept this one in mate. Fucking growler.
Mefjus - Dogs & Frogs - My favourite of the ep this one
Ulterior Motive & FD - Drum Circle - this tune has so much energy again think this is my favourite of the ep too
Maztek - Galactica - SICK
Cern - Sattelites (Phace Remix) - yeh nice man, think this bit is my favourite the last four tracks or so.
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint - liked the little switch back onto the phace track on the double
Sunchase - Moulded (Andy Pain & Zconnection Remix) - Nice man thought you could have ended with a grotty mix but sounded fine.

Overall mate, what can I say, you have come on leaps and bounds technically. Pretty much much bang in terms of beatmatching, a few slight imperfections but thats cool. Some stinking mixes in there bro and some excellent cuts/doubles/blends it had it all. Quite focused selection, but it didnt hinder the overall outcome. Top notch bro, look forward to the next one :)

Back
Top Bottom