Wilkinson - Afterglow

i actually found the video quite amusing.

as i said before tune isn't particularly bad the vocal is just too prominent, its actually slowly growing on me

as i said before tune isn't particularly bad the vocal is just too prominent, its actually slowly growing on me

I really hope this tune is a commercial success because its 99% better than the rest of the crap aired on radio these days.

Considering I haven't really digged Wilko's production I actually haven't got a lot bad to say about this. It suits a commercial audience its better than the rest of the crap that's on the radio...and I hope it does well.

I really hope this tune is a commercial success because its 99% better than the rest of the crap aired on radio these days.

Considering I haven't really digged Wilko's production I actually haven't got a lot bad to say about this. It suits a commercial audience its better than the rest of the crap that's on the radio...and I hope it does well.

This

Loving this. Vocals are real nice as well. Don't understand the hate this is getting.
hate is because people are different. that and its a pretty gash tune.
if someone doesn't like something you like what does it matter? being a dnb head you should be used to it.

It suits a commercial audience its better than the rest of the crap that's on the radio...and I hope it does well.
:word to big bird:
nice to see some dnb get some recognition that isn't all drum rolls, risers and super synth happy.
i still dont like the tune but im not meant to.

with chase and status, fresh and sub focus getting radio licked, its a good thing because new fans should hopefully check their back cat and find some better music. as most of us did at some point.

saying that tho. im not implying chase n status new album is shit. its actually quite good.
sub focus on the other hand. what a pile of horse poo. im actually surprised people are eating it up.

not sure what noobs will discover going back through wilko's back cat. never been into any of his bits.

if someone doesn't like something you like what does it matter? being a dnb head you should be used to it.

its a good thing because new fans should hopefully check their back cat and find some better music. as most of us did at some point.

not sure what noobs will discover going back through wilko's back cat. never been into any of his bits.

Completely agree with all of this.

I don't think this tune is amazing by any means...but its an excellent tune for the more commercial target audience & for the charts.

Better than most of the other shite that makes it in there

Bang on.

i didn't even buy the track, watched the video once and now i can't get it out of my head, god damnit, it's not even my cuppa tea lol

Completely agree however, Wilkinson is signed to a lable with one of the best back catalogues in the genre, so that should put them on to some classics and maybe realise the likes of C&S, Fresh Sub Focus have a bit of a history of creating underground bangers as well as tracks made of commercial success.

I actually quite like it

great video, great track. wilko getting the exposure he deserves.

I wasn't criticising Ram, or Wilko. Just whoever came up with that awful video. I love the tune itself, as well as most of Ram's other stuff (except Delta Heavy).

dj tiesticles = dat u dude?

i like the tune, video is a bit dumb though

See I wasn't too impressed with the new direction fresh took but, I didn't hate on him I just didn't like it and said fair play to him. This is different though, although it's a little cheesy I still like it and I think the video suits the track to a T

- - - Updated - - -

An to be honest I don't like many of the recent Ram releases.

love this tune, vocals are stunning

hate is because people are different. that and its a pretty gash tune.

:word to big bird:
nice to see some dnb get some recognition that isn't all drum rolls, risers and super synth happy.
i still dont like the tune but im not meant to.

with chase and status, fresh and sub focus getting radio licked, its a good thing because new fans should hopefully check their back cat and find some better music. as most of us did at some point.

saying that tho. im not implying chase n status new album is shit. its actually quite good.
sub focus on the other hand. what a pile of horse poo. im actually surprised people are eating it up.

i actually found the video quite amusing.

It's in on the 8th place on the UK charts right? Pretty good actually

[video=youtube_share;HTN6Du3MCgI]http://youtu.be/HTN6Du3MCgI[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that is a shit video for an equally shit tune

If this had been produced by Fresh you'd all be slagging it off but because it is by one of the Ram stable you're all fawning over it

That's the dumbest music video I've ever seen.

I dont mind the vocals, but the tunes nothing special, especially by Wilkos standards. He can do a lot better than this, im sure he just did it for the exposure.

The music video is fucked.

I'm a RAM fanboy through and through yet I don't like this at all, probably my least favourite RAM release this year so far. Like the instrumental, but my god the vocals are awful. And the video is pretty shit as well imo. Each to their own tho.

Is this a mastercard advert?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I thought it for a internet provider right before the birthday cakes came in.

The fact this is being played on Kiss FM tells you all you need to know about it.

Shit tune, even shitter video.

[video=youtube_share;btPJPFnesV4]http://youtu.be/btPJPFnesV4[/video]

Last edited:
Great achievement from Wilko, producer of the year for me hands down.

NcbjEW8.gif

I think afterglow is alright, wouldn't play it in a set to save my life but its listenable as opposed to perforation, which is possibly one of the worst dnb tunes I've ever heard

Back
Top Bottom