Who actually makes decent jump up these days?

As previously mentioned, hazard, konichi, decimal bass... this new kind of swing-style of jump up is the business, some of the tune these guys are outputting are brilliant and have there place in any mix. A lot of the konichi stuff links up brilliantly with techy stuff.

If you think all new jump up is crap, mix/listen to old jump up. Simples. If its a tune its a tune whether it was made 5 years or 5 days ago.
Agreed.

To be honest I like a lot of new jump up in the same way I like crappy early 80s slashers with shit acting and bad special fx... give me that stuff over some trendy hi-tech wankfest like Avatar any day.

last bit of jump up i liked.

also what happened to this?!

absolute brute of a tune

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish Jump up artists as a whole made more stuff like this

[video=youtube_share;3EiXhMpxBsg]http://youtu.be/3EiXhMpxBsg[/video]

Lots of changing rhythms and melodies. kinda sick of tunes that use the same loops over and over and over ya know

Do still enjoy stuff by sly though it seems. that new 94 lick tune was sick... and the more sublow tunes like stone cold are good too

I think I liked jump-up when it was just drum & bass. Used to go nuts for tracks like T-10 and still do. I think back then producers weren't trying to make jump-up but just good, current drum & bass. But as drum evolved and jump-up became a sub genre some producers have solely concentrated on creating that jump-up sound which, really, has been done. And with the exception of a few tracks, nothing new has come to the table.

I can understand wanting that harder, aggressive drum but I think you can find it in techy, neuro stuff without recycling that same old sound. The same applies to all drum. I mean I also loved the Hospital liquid era but I think producers would be wasted trying to keep reproducing it now (not naming names. I'm sure you can).

Back
Top Bottom