Who actually makes decent jump up these days?

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
And not the mass produced shite the ravers are brainwashed with??

Im struggling to find the wow factor nowadays that i used to get around 2007/2008...

I think the labels like Low Down Deep that seems to be the main 'jump up' label are more interested in quantity rather than quality. For example, their last 12 track ep 'The Firm'. There was about 2 tracks on it that i personally would of put onto vinyl so why cant the same quality control be reserved for the digital releases?

Sly has been churning out weak tune after weak tune all with the same formula.... cheesy vocal, build up, same drop with same sounds

Guv using same recycled sounds

Maji has started it as well

Konichi/Annix, that glitchy sound does nothing for me at all, gets boring quickly

But jump up on a whole seems to be hitting a face palm moment of lack of creativity.

Can you name any stick out anthems over the last couple years that can still be dropped in a few years time and cause damage?

Far too much effort being spent on making throw away music rather than being creative and making something special.

Thats just my opinion though, yeah sure the tunes are doing damage in the raves but is that enough??

and oh yeah.... its another jump up thread. Im having my Saturday moan

Was going to say Total Recall but I think it sounds a bit like Konichi so you might dislike it... Anyway give it a listen, been playing this one lately

nothing like 07/08 stuff but it causes serious damage on the dancefloor

Last edited by a moderator:
daddy issues - macky gee (one of his best again he gets boring quickly too)
feeling me - sativa dub
panic station - pleasure
gatts - nu elements
future - decimal bass and profile
dont trust a soul - majistrate and sly
alot of stuff by lyptikal
demon flight - dj alpha
snake style - guv
alot of stuff by dj manga too

your very right though its gone downhill fast with artist looking to whack out a tune 1 or even twice a week trying to get ahead in the game but they dont realise what they r doing to the scene :( shame cos i love jump up

theres a lot of sick jump up in my mix below which you can download - unfortunately i don't have the track list

No one makes good jump up any more, Jump ups dead brav

Oh and those examples you lot have posted are terrible examples of good jump up!

Nobody is cutting it at the minute for me.

Neurofunk because liquid is about as bad as the jump up at the minute with all these commercial sounds.

Neurofunk is about the only thing that's not changed and gone all ghay !

And not the mass produced shite the ravers are brainwashed with??

Im struggling to find the wow factor nowadays that i used to get around 2007/2008...

I think the labels like Low Down Deep that seems to be the main 'jump up' label are more interested in quantity rather than quality. For example, their last 12 track ep 'The Firm'. There was about 2 tracks on it that i personally would of put onto vinyl so why cant the same quality control be reserved for the digital releases?

Sly has been churning out weak tune after weak tune all with the same formula.... cheesy vocal, build up, same drop with same sounds

Guv using same recycled sounds

Maji has started it as well

Konichi/Annix, that glitchy sound does nothing for me at all, gets boring quickly

But jump up on a whole seems to be hitting a face palm moment of lack of creativity.

Can you name any stick out anthems over the last couple years that can still be dropped in a few years time and cause damage?

Far too much effort being spent on making throw away music rather than being creative and making something special.

Thats just my opinion though, yeah sure the tunes are doing damage in the raves but is that enough??

and oh yeah.... its another jump up thread. Im having my Saturday moan

I dunno, if you don't give it a chance you won't like any of it.

Tyke, Hazard, Pleasure, Annix, Total Recall.

jumps being "going downhill" or "dead" or "dying" for years.

in other words

nothings changed, youve just got bored of it

personally konichi, harvest, tyke, hazard all killing it

All you hear in jump up now is Annix, Tyke, Guv, Hazard, Maji, Yet its funny how we all agree jump up has gone shite

Just saying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom