What happened to UK Hip Hop???

M

Member 2454

Although underground as heel it used to have life, now it's like it doesn't exist anymore

There's still some quality stuff coming out. Mudmowth, Sonny Jim, Rhyme Asylum, Squid Ninjas have all had decent stuff over the past year.

But the answer is, grime went mainstream in a big way. So artists now try grime instead.

I don't think your looking hard enough to be honest mate.

Manuva just released a new album, Ghost's is coming out in a week or so.
Like Brofski says Rhyme Asylums album is one to check.
The Queens English are making some pretty strong moves.
Kyza and Micall Parknsun both semi recently released albums.
Black Twang, Doc Brown and Cappo just released 12s.
Mystro and Ransom Badbonez recently released albums.
Pretty sure Jehst's got new material in the pipeline?

And there's still plenty more.

True, Kyza's last year was decent. Which reminds me, his group, Ophans of Crush had a decent album/mixtape too.

M9's album was pretty sick.

Ghost got a new album next week??

Plus, Klash got one this month I think?

Where do you all get you ukhh from, mine is normally linked to me or stuff I find randomly. I been listeining to a lot at the mo, need more!! Thanks..

Ghost got a new album next week??

Plus, Klash got one this month I think?

Ah yer forgot about Klashes album. And I think Ghost's album's due today actually. Only hard copies available in the Uk are at Suspect Packages. Anyone in here who hasn't already got Ghosts discography, sort it out! Unbelievable beats.

Remus (Farma G's son) is on the come up as well. His mix tape was pretty good.

Search Suspect Packages in google mate, immense shop.

Elevate and Freedom of Thought off the Freedom of Thought mixtape put me in a very special place. So much variety as a producer as well, almost RJD2 esque in a lot of his beats but then does more standard UK beats.

And yes to Harry Love as well!

i think the media hype has died down and the limelight has shifted to the next soup du jour but the artists that started for the love of the culture will always keep making music, maybe not so much under the 'UK hip hop' flag but maybe more that its just hip hop and that happens to have been written in the uk

by the way ... ukhiphop is thriving again now, collabs and producers coming together .. so much shit ready to drop ..

Back
Top Bottom