What does take the longest for you while producing?

I'll spend Hours on layering, eqing and filtering the bass alone. . . . .Everything else seems to flow after that. Then I'm at the mixdown, where I screw it all up and start over! hahah

Make sure you save it at different stages.
I have mixed down a tune and fucked it all up before

It impresses me that, being a drum and bass forum, not many of you have said "drums/snares/hi-hats" or "bass automation". Mostly I see is melodies and some sample searching making.
I usually take between 2 days and 2 weeks on getting a snare that doesn't make me want to scream for how bad it is. Hi-hats are like a week thing to me. Gotta make each hit sound exactly how I want it to and, finally... the bass, damn basses even thought I don't usually make melodies, these fuckers are rough to make but still satisfying.

I'm really shit with hi hats. I've been told that they are fine but I think they are shit.

I don't really use them anymore. I just make strange edits that lie within a similar frequency range

I am also agree with you as soft music is better way to reduce stress but one could also listen to pop music as it would also help you to keep things in perspective.

Back
Top Bottom