Using a DJM 400 abroad

Axle

If I was to buy a DJM 400 from America, would I have issues with the voltage difference seeming that I live in the UK?

Yes you will. DJM400s don't have a selectable supply voltage so you'll have to get an adapter.

Btw, if you are mail-ordering from the US, you will have to pay a 5% import duty then 17.5% VAT before Customs will let you have it.

You need to look for a step down converter, think its like 240v to UK standard.. u'll find them cheap but i'd recommend an average priced one.
Also as DTR is saying although the price of ordering abroad is cheap they'll still try to spunge you VAT and import taxes, Plus there is next to no warranty either..

Hope this helped

I think its a step up transformer coz we are 230v i think america is like 130 or sumink

I think its a step up transformer coz we are 230v i think america is like 130 or sumink

I believe it's called an inverter. US run on 110 supply, UK is 240. Your going to have a mountain hanging out of your plug socket, an inverter and then on top of that an adapter for the 2 pin plug.

Last edited:

No its a step down transformer. You're stepping 230V down to the 110V that the mixer is expecting.

I believe it's called an inverter. US run on 110 supply, UK is 240. Your going to have a mountain hanging out of your plug socket, an inverter and then on top of that an adapter for the 2 pin plug.

It's not an inverter, inverters convert DC to AC. But I agree, it's a lot of shit to have hanging out the wall. I wouldn't do it.

For the record I bought my Empath from the US a few years ago when the rates were really good. The Empath has a universal power supply so all I had to do was swap the power lead for a UK standard one. After paying the tax I still saved a few hundred quid.

No its a step down transformer. You're stepping 230V down to the 110V that the mixer is expecting.

It's not an inverter, inverters convert DC to AC. But I agree, it's a lot of shit to have hanging out the wall. I wouldn't do it.

For the record I bought my Empath from the US a few years ago when the rates were really good. The Empath has a universal power supply so all I had to do was swap the power lead for a UK standard one. After paying the tax I still saved a few hundred quid.

Your right lol. No one would of thought that im actually a fully qualified electrical technician D'oh.

i could be wrong but i thought the main function of an inverter was to adjust frequency. As inverters are most commonly used to control the speed of motors by altering the frequency that is sent to the stator of the motor. But in order to do this they do have to convert ac to dc if the supply to the inverter was ac and if it was feeding an ac motor it would be converter back to ac before leaving the inverter.

i tink that was right did it last year in utilisation for my HNC

i work for Kone escalators

big up electrical engineering :)

Inverters are used for a few things, other uses are converting single phase AC to 3 phase, power smoothing in a UPS or converting 12V dc from a car battery to mains AC. But yes, they are often fed AC to begin with ;)

Inverters are used for a few things, other uses are converting single phase AC to 3 phase, power smoothing in a UPS or converting 12V dc from a car battery to mains AC. But yes, they are often fed AC to begin with ;)

as we work on completely different trades we know completely different uses

Back
Top Bottom