Traktor Scratch Pro

i love vinyl, and dont know if i could bring myself to get cdj's this traktor/serato sounds like the perfect solution! a couple of questions about it though... firstly what are these "timecodes" that ive heard people talking about? is that the vinyl you use to play the mp3s through traktor? who here has it? is it actually as good as it sounds? worth the cash? i think il either get this and continue with vinyls or get 1 cdj so i can play some mp3's aswel. buying vinyl is expensive as i live abroad and postage costs a bomb. This sounds like a way i can keep my decks but play mp3s through vinyls. Also will it work ok with a shoddy pair of decks, or is it better to have a nice pair of 1210/1200's?
I use a desktop pc, not a laptop, so would i be able to use it to play out?
any feedback appreciated

I use it and haven't had any problems with it. The timecode refers to the special vinyls. If you get Traktor Scratch Duo, it comes with the software, the vinyls and the audio interface. You connect the interface to your decks, your mixer and your pc and the vinyl timecode relays to the Traktor software the speed, direction and location of the vinyl. This is what controls the MP3, just as if the MP3 were on the vinyl itself. The cool thing is you can still use your regular vinyl with it, just by switching the Phono/Line switch... to choose which one you want to play. You can even scratch with it.

Sound quality is good enough, especially if you have 320 kbps mp3s. I have a mix I recently did using Traktor, so you can judge the quality for yourself... it's over in the members mixes section.

As for decks, you can use any direct drive tables with it, but I always recommend Technics... guess I'm just old school.

i love vinyl, and dont know if i could bring myself to get cdj's this traktor/serato sounds like the perfect solution! a couple of questions about it though... firstly what are these "timecodes" that ive heard people talking about? is that the vinyl you use to play the mp3s through traktor? who here has it? is it actually as good as it sounds? worth the cash? i think il either get this and continue with vinyls or get 1 cdj so i can play some mp3's aswel. buying vinyl is expensive as i live abroad and postage costs a bomb. This sounds like a way i can keep my decks but play mp3s through vinyls. Also will it work ok with a shoddy pair of decks, or is it better to have a nice pair of 1210/1200's?
I use a desktop pc, not a laptop, so would i be able to use it to play out?
any feedback appreciated

you'll need a laptop if your playing out with it mate

safe for the comments... hmm duno wat to save up an get first now though, sum 1210's or traktor :P
Yeah im with you mate, been mixing with a laptop, traktor duo & an external mixer for a while now and wanting to upgrade to scratch. Just need to get decks & scratch now!

Do you need any special kind of mixer to use traktor or will any mixer do? Also does the soundcard on your laptop matter much? Considering mine is a Dell its a powerful laptop overall but I'm sure the soundcard is not very good :P

Is there much difference between serato scratch live and traktor scratch pro? like as in quality or the way they work? Or the timecode vinyls/controller thing you get with them? or is it basically the same product released under different names?

Do you need any special kind of mixer to use traktor or will any mixer do? Also does the soundcard on your laptop matter much? Considering mine is a Dell its a powerful laptop overall but I'm sure the soundcard is not very good :P

Nah it works with any decks, mixer, cart combination as long as it has a phono and line input on each channel.
As for the soundcard it doesn't matter because it wont be used. The audio 8 dj interface that comes with it is the external soundcard.

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Is there much difference between serato scratch live and traktor scratch pro? like as in quality or the way they work? Or the timecode vinyls/controller thing you get with them? or is it basically the same product released under different names?

2 different companies essentially the same product.

I think it's mainly a question of brand and maybe a few different features. Serrato is pricey as hell. You can get Traktor for about half the price and as I stated above... I love it. They each come with their own hardware (audio interface). I got Traktor with the Audio 4 DJ. No problems whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom