THE VALVE SOUND SYSTEM!!??

Ive been to a few valve nights and yeh its very loud and very bassy but i never fancied raving with ear plugs in the whole point of the valve is coz its loud isnt it????

Wearing the plugs doesnt take away the loudness. Takes those dirty highs that gives your ears a ringing in the morning. Anyone with sense would wear ear plugs, that is if you dont care about getting tinnitus when your 30.

You know that sound you hear for the day(s) after a rave, that high pitch whining tone that just doesn't seem to go away?

That's the frequencies you're never going to be able to hear again because you're ears have been IRREVERSIBLY damaged beyond medical repair.

There is no known cause for hearing loss/deafness.

Just something to bare in mind.

Some sense being spoken there.

Anything with an SPL of over 90db can potentially cause permanant damage to hearing after as little as a couple of hours, which isnt as much as it sounds.

If you think, something like a chainsaw at a few meters will be putting out just shy of 100db, that gives you an idea of how little noise is needed to do your ears some bad. Obviously its not like you'll go to one rave, not wear ear plugs and BAM, your deaf, but its just worth thinking about because if your into your music then you want to enjoy it for as long as you can, if you WORK in music, then its even more important, same as if you wanted to be a carpenter, it'd be in your best interest to avoid cutting off your fingers

You know that sound you hear for the day(s) after a rave, that high pitch whining tone that just doesn't seem to go away?

That's the frequencies you're never going to be able to hear again because you're ears have been IRREVERSIBLY damaged beyond medical repair.

There is no known cause for hearing loss/deafness.

Just something to bare in mind.

Ok well that's something i didn't know so fair enuff. Might consider wearing them at a next valve event then.

I can't remember seeing anyone wearing earplugs at any of the valve events i have been to but you guys are obviously more safety conscious than some.

Ok well that's something i didn't know so fair enuff. Might consider wearing them at a next valve event then.

I can't remember seeing anyone wearing earplugs at any of the valve events i have been to but you guys are obviously more safety conscious than some.

Not just valve events. Any clubs you should wear them if you value your hearing.

It's not about being safety conscious - it'sd about valuing my hearing. I've been wearing ear plugs to events now for about a year & a half and it is so much better than not wearing them.
No ringning the next day & it also filters out when people are talking to you loudly in your ear and things like that. If I go out without them it's always really bad.
Thinking alot now about getting the moulded ones, they're worth the money. Just use foam ones at the moment though.
I'm sure I've seen Andy C with ear plugs. Also Sub Focus & alot of others.
At the end of the day, your hearing is very valuable, so look after it by wearing ear plugs :)

Once your hearing's gone, you can't get it back, look after it.

Being half deaf is not cool, espeically if you're an aspiring dj or producer ...

It's not about being safety conscious - it'sd about valuing my hearing. I've been wearing ear plugs to events now for about a year & a half and it is so much better than not wearing them.
No ringning the next day & it also filters out when people are talking to you loudly in your ear and things like that. If I go out without them it's always really bad.
Thinking alot now about getting the moulded ones, they're worth the money. Just use foam ones at the moment though.
I'm sure I've seen Andy C with ear plugs. Also Sub Focus & alot of others.
At the end of the day, your hearing is very valuable, so look after it by wearing ear plugs :)

I dont use them but agree with this. I know a few people that use the moulded ones to events and when playing out and they swear by them :)

im not trying to cause an argument or nothing here but i honestly don't notice any ringing the next day unless its after a valve night. Yeh i agree you prob should wear them at a valve night or if ya a DJ and your playing out every night but i go out once a month if that so its hardy gona be damaging my ears too much is it? I don't know any1 that wears ear protection when they go out or have seen any one other than DJ's/security and other staff.

If ya that bothered get a pair of these they should keep the noise out!

ear-protection.jpg

Im considering buying ear plugs now lol, looking at the ER series of moulded ones. £160 but you cant exactly put a price to your hearing (although I wouldnt consider buying the T1 Monitors at £615 :D)

im not trying to cause an argument or nothing here but i honestly don't notice any ringing the next day unless its after a valve night. Yeh i agree you prob should wear them at a valve night or if ya a DJ and your playing out every night but i go out once a month if that so its hardy gona be damaging my ears too much is it? I don't know any1 that wears ear protection when they go out or have seen any one other than DJ's/security and other staff.

If ya that bothered get a pair of these they should keep the noise out!

ear-protection.jpg

It's the noise levels, not how many times you go out. Sure, it does make a difference being subjected to it daily but its the high frequencies that do the damage (the ones you can't hear)
You'd be suprised at how little your ears should actually be subjected to. As in what's safe & what's not.

any one seen 'its all gone pete tong'? must see and mite change your mind about ear plugs

my mate has filthy tinnitis can't hear you have to repeat stuff to him all the time and that is just from raves/gigs etc. stuff that shit i'm on the plugs they're nuff cheap and it sounds the same if you can't hear as well move closer to the front its not like its hard is it

The reason staff and security always have them is because its actualy a legal requirement for venues to supply hearing protection to their staff in zones that exede a certain SPL, and in zones of even higher levels to make sure that they wear them, otherwise the place can be held responsible for hearing damage.

I do see your point, but even still, I'd always rather be safe than sorry, especially when it concerns things that cant be fixed if you break them!

I've read pretty much the whole thread and ther seems to be a lot of people with same view I used to have.

I'm 21 and have constant ringing in my ears from going to a gig almost every weekend for the past 4 yearsand plus being in a band and doing live gigs since i was 15. The ringing hasn't stopped in over 4 months so I tell you now it can and will happen to you if you don't protect them. Its too late for me now to go back and where plugs but if i had the chance I deffo would.

If your ears start to hurt at a rave then move away from the speakers, if you stand there all night and ignore it you will end up like me and its a fucking nightmare, people do go insane from tinittus so i've heard so be careful.

i know this sounds like a granddad thing to say but i'm just a young as most of yu and my ears are now fucked. Dire straits my friends.

I've played on the Valve Sound System 5 times I think it is now, very enjoyable experiences!

First time was without earplugs - Big mistake! Since then i've always DJ'ed anywhere with earplugs and always will.

Seriously kids, whether raving or DJ'ing, wear ear protection! - Save your hearing, once it's gone, it's gone!

Pretty much every name DJ wears moulded earplugs whenever they're round a system. Including Dillinja & Lemon D.

I've been wearing earplugs for years. You can get decent (non-moulded) ones for around a tenner from Boots, much better for music than the foam ones.

http://www.djstore.com/item/sesmusicsafe.htm

I can 100% recommend these, I've been wearing them for over a year now and they're so tiny you forget they're even there plus other people can hardly even see them!

Just buy some and look after your hearing, otherwise you'll be learning sign language for your 30th Birthday

Back
Top Bottom