The Hardest Tune To Mix Ever?

most of the vinyls I own which I once found hard to mix I learned how to mix it with no problems

tunes which drop in the middle of a bar like 'drifter' i just mix in the middle of a bar in the other tune

tunes which have a long intro like 'stigma' or even 'alien girl' (which I like to tease in and dont wanna spend too much time on it) I just find key points of beginning of bars and take it from then, reducing the time it takes for me to mix that tune by a lot

tunes which have vocals and no drum sequence have always been easy for me, although it's unexplainable. i guess I just create a kick/snare on my head, but I always manage to fit it in with the other tune (remembered this because someone said 'is it really worth it')

i guess for me the hard tunes to mix are tunes that are very sensible to the pitch, seeing as i dont wanna make a big fuss when I ride the pitch on that tune ('aztec', 'hand grenade clipz rmx', etc)

Always have a problem with finding the right cue point of Stigma in order for it to drop in sequence. Any tips?

Also some tunes are impossible to "lock" and always need constant adjustments, e.g. Adam F - Metropolis.. think it's to do with the way it was produced back then, the beats aren't perfectly timed.

Last edited:
Body rock, what a waste of time and money.

I can mix it but it sounds out and generally shit.

apologies Andy C fans, you have been jilted.

i never really have any trouble with hench, but is it worth it - thats a fucker for me. i cant even count the bars till the drop, i just sat down and tried again. thought it was 70, so had a crack at it n still fucked it up! any one know off the top of their heads the number of bars till the drop from the start of the tune?

Oh and 'act like you know' i rekon isnt too bad, ive had it for a while since it cae out on promo, and have found that if you double it with a tune like polygon (as they both have that extra bit on the end of the first drop) then it should sound decent. Try it out chaps..

Can't remember the tune but it was on v records with a turquiose colour on the record sticker.

The B of that, timestretch or something.

a true fucker to mix.

interesting read, all about practise when it comes to half bars, or the odd beat
id say 'Ra' - 'valley of shadows' - 'incrediable' are ones i used to have trouble with
i find alot Calyx stuff can be hard as most intros dont have a kick
had some trouble with 'PrinterJam' aswell
'bad boy tune' by vital elements i seem to have trouble with
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZA4RIR4VUs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom