The Hardest Tune To Mix Ever?

Plenty of old jungle, as it goes in out of time & has random breaks that don't stay in sequence.

All that Bodyrock'esque swingstep bullshit threw a few people.

Notable ones personally are:

Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction
Mampi Swift - The One
Optical - To Shape The Future
Rebel MC - Code Red

the intro to frankie gunns by gremlinz is pretty impossible to mix
i always find the intro of faith massive a cunt to mix aswell, think that's just a personal thing though

Plenty of old jungle, as it goes in out of time & has random breaks that don't stay in sequence.

All that Bodyrock'esque swingstep bullshit threw a few people.

Notable ones personally are:

Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction
Mampi Swift - The One
Optical - To Shape The Future
Rebel MC - Code Red

shape the future remix on 33 with something else on 45 i always find a bit 'tense' if you get me. a few bits on 33 just seem to be a little bit more tempremental when mixing against 45 imo. also i find slower tunes (170 and below) don't really tend to hold their pitch very well - or maybe that's just my decks?!

i find scorpio's 'trouble' a bit difficult because it is pressed at 33 and most of my vinyl is 45. it also has an extra beat in their somewhere making it harder to mix if i'm starting with the intro

shape the future remix on 33 with something else on 45 i always find a bit 'tense' if you get me. a few bits on 33 just seem to be a little bit more tempremental when mixing against 45 imo. also i find slower tunes (170 and below) don't really tend to hold their pitch very well - or maybe that's just my decks?!

I've always wondered what the difference is for a vinyl playin at 33rpm compared to 45 in terms of its reaction to a change on the pitch

Because obviously the vinyl at 33 is spinning quite a bit slower, so does that mean it needs a bigger increase in pitch compared to if it was playing at 45

I've got Orginal Nuttah at 33rpm and I always find it pretty difficult to lock because it obviously reacts differently to when I mix a vinyl spinnin at 45rpm

i find scorpio's 'trouble' a bit difficult because it is pressed at 33 and most of my vinyl is 45. it also has an extra beat in their somewhere making it harder to mix if i'm starting with the intro

There is no extra beat in the intro to Trouble. Its just that the breakdown before the drop is only 8 bars. If you want to mix it to the breakdown just start it in the middle of a 16 bar sequence.

Last edited:
R Type can prove tricky, sounds as though u need to learn how to mix with jungle, u need to follow the basslines to see when a beat starts and ends, as opposed to a repetitive tech step 2 step beat with drum and bass, which is simply copied when monitoring to beat match.

i always found mixing with records at 33 gives the pitch more scope, where as with records on 45 u need to be millimetre perfect with pitch, ive never really had a problem mixing from 33 to 45.

sound in motion pisses all over it IMO. Much better tune.

The only reason I bought that record :P

Chase & Status - Is It Worth It
--
I just started mixing about a couple of months ago and I just bought More Than Alot a couple weeks ago. So, I haven't had much time with it. I'm sure if I spend an hour with it, I'll know exactly how to work the track. But yeah that's the only one I've had trouble with so far.

It's pretty fun finding the most subtle cue points. (solar, invaders must die remix, etc.)

Most mainstream is pretty damn easy to mix
As long as you keep the beat in ya head by syncing the bass or noise of the intro =]
But for me Theres a vinyl by Current Value
In which both tracks are a bugger to set down
Even when there beat matched they dont sound right
Muvva hubbards lol

Fuckin' Printer Jam.. To keep that tune locked you have be a god damn miracle worker which is so lame as the tune is such a beast!

Dj Hidden - Times like these = Thats a trickyish one

Can't think atm of anymore.

Fuckin' Printer Jam.. To keep that tune locked you have be a god damn miracle worker which is so lame as the tune is such a beast!

Printer Jam is an awful tune. Cant imagine anyone would be happy to produce a song like that. I mean yeeh a clever idea, but sounds shit! Actually hurts my ears to listen to that!

Printer Jam is an awful tune. Cant imagine anyone would be happy to produce a song like that. I mean yeeh a clever idea, but sounds shit! Actually hurts my ears to listen to that!

Yeah its a bit Marmite like, can see how its a love or hate thing!

Back
Top Bottom