The DnB Forum "Sample Your Own" Production Competition 2011

capital, really looking forward to it. i just realized what a goldmine recording your own sounds really is, i got some really rich sounds. ill be in the studio this weekend putting the tune down, probably wont be much but will be fun.

GAY! this is the first ive heard of this comp!! i guess i better get a move on if im gona finish summin in time!

Question : So we cant sample a drumkit of our own right? / (No synthesis allowed at all so no Massive/z3ta+/Absynth/Sylenth etc. instruments to be used.) Does this also mean i cant stick a voice thru a synthesiser (external one) and vocode it with built in reverbs and delays phasers flangers etc? PLEASE say we can as i have a bank of samples we recorded from our studio time about a year ago and theres pretty much all that i need in it bass drums pads rises, all from a voice goin thru microphone then a vocoder etc ???????????

let me know asap as i wanna get crackin! An im late enough as it is :P

thats a definite yes sphinx, looking forward to hearing your tune.

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

i say that a lot in this thread, i need to figure out some other hype words

i thort that drumkits where not allowed to be sampled/recorded...

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

confirmed in first post...

HOWEVER no recording of drums to act as drums.

unfortunately i'm gonna have to bail my entry out - 12 hour shifts daily has taken over my life completely and i simply don't have the energy im my spare time to get my head round production :(
all the best though folks

i stumbled upon it by pure fluke and am a lil dissapointed as i have a few other projects ive been busy with and had to rush mine, if i had more time i think i couldve structured it a bit better and probably fixed the mixdown as its all been done in headfones!! School boy error really!

I am however awiting the audible joy of the other entrants copiously ;) logikz ;)

Hideous, only just seen this and am visiting my homeland at the moment so cannot take part. Interested to hear what everyone else is going to create and will definitely be taking part in the next comp.

hmmmh...I just got an idea..anyone needs grinding teeth sound? i believe my girlfriend has Bruxism =/. Keeps me fookin' awake, should keep the crowd too (if you filter it and use it for lead melody mybe) xDDD

struggle to get a decent snare still. bass is driving me crazy '(not used to work with samples) and atmospherics arent even there.

but oh hey, i just did an hour of work. lol :D

Haven't had much inspiration for getting a tune together yet, but I guess I could just put a whole lot of samples in a row with lots of reverb and call it minimal ;)

Fun though. A bee is basically a flying reese bass, like the Noisia preset of the natural sound world.

I am however awiting the audible joy of the other entrants copiously ;) logikz ;)

:lol: haha indeed!

i cant believe you knew about the reverb some crap and say its minimal strategy, thats my whole secret, and very much what i did too soooooo dont we all look a little silly right now. but cool thats a verified 5 or so right now, 5 is good 10-15 is the goal, more than that will be too much to ask of the listeners to go through

Back
Top Bottom