The aspects I like of virtual dj

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Here are the aspects of virtual dj I like:

The visual aspect of seeing the peaks in the waveforms line up
The automatic beatmatching
browsing the music library easily

Now is there any way I can get these same things while still using vinyl somehow? I know there is serato and such but I think spending thousands is a bit much for me. I want to use the actual sound of vinyl. Right now my sights are on the gemini control 6, as I can control a program and use it as a mixer too so in a gig I don't have to plug anything out (I've done that before, it was embarrassing). Perhaps bpm counters? or you can just call me a noob it's all good

Traktor scratch duo has all of those functions + vinyl control and its a bit cheaper than serato, i wouldnt reccomend using the auto beatmatch feature tho, its fun, but it just aint mixing lol!! plus it has a half descent bpm counter which helps with beatmatching anyways.

Traktor scratch duo has all of those functions + vinyl control and its a bit cheaper than serato, i wouldnt reccomend using the auto beatmatch feature tho, its fun, but it just aint mixing lol!! plus it has a half descent bpm counter which helps with beatmatching anyways.

got lots of friends in the scene over here who started off with vinyl and mixed that for 10+ years, now they switched to traktor + x1 controller + autobeatmatch and you cant even imagine what they do with that. its mixing, whether you like it or not. not the same skills required, but theres not less skill involved just because they dont beatmatch imo.

old discussion is old tho.

id recommend to either go the digital route with a controller and traktors autobeatmatch as stated above or stay with vinyl + cdjs, everything in between is pure bollocks imo. serato? get yourself some money to buy vinyls you cheapo.

imo etc

I've only played about with the free versions of Virtual DJ (having always been a vinyl jockey before), I think they are great fun but find the 'sync' feature does not always work with dnb. I reckon cos the beats in dnb are syncopated the 'sync' facility sometimes matches beats 1 and 3, which makes the mix sound weird. The problem is that unless you have inhuman timing it is really difficult to start the track you are mixing perfectly with the one that is playing, so the 'sync' facility is almost essential.
I'm considering buying the Numark DJ2Go to have better control over the software and an external soundcard, so I can cue the mix up before dropping it. I'd be interested to know if anybody has used DJ2Go and how they found it.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

BTW, I've also had a play about with Traktor and I think it is AMAZING, it is the best blend of analogue and digital I've ever used.

I always thought that Virtual DJ was the thing man. The only software i was crazy about. Dreaming of ssssscratin' my way up big one day, Virtual Dj gave me the power brothers. Those two little turntables on both sides made me go crazy. The beat match feature on the Virtual DJ made me even crazier. Man, I had lost my sleep. I started practicing on my scratches from Virtual DJ. In the start, i sounded like a nut. But really after 3 years of experience, I feel I am the King. On the other hand, when I tried using traktor, it made me feel as if i was a blower. I mean that thing is only for the pro's man. No newbie can go near it. 2 years back i paid for my 1st Turntable (bought only one). I still owe it to Virtual DJ.

Back
Top Bottom