Tease - October Mix 2012

Limited feedback as per listened a few times some awesome blends the one scratch through to always be was ridiculous top work Trevor pleasure was all mine :)

big big mix, from start to finish, the intro was just nuts, not heard many people play with 'Enemy of the State' defo a personal favourite of mine, but even before that came in i was hooked.. kinda wanted it to go up a notch after that but liked what you did, picked up for again around Count to Ten, thought Latch coming in was abit sudden but the double with Ev deads up for that after that was heavy.. then got interesting again with the Annix track and thought after that was pretty rolling, few lil slips but didnt ruin the mix, defo check yours out again i think 50 mins would have been enough personally

pretty sick mix man. probably would listen to it more than one time. ;)
edit: did you use sync button? i'm asking, cause in the end of the mix it felt like in almost every transition the beats were (just) slightly off constantly and i've tried the sync feature on traktor myself and it does just like that. that's why i don't use it and beatmatch tunes myself cause my ears know better when tracks are perfectly mixed. maybe my ears are just playing tricks on me, but it felt kinda uncomfortable in some places...usually i hear pretty well when the dj corrects the pitch...didn't hear in you mix.

no offence or anything intended...just what i thought in my head and let it out :)

Yo dude, appreciate the feedback. The answer to your question is no, I don't use any syncing features. I use serato anyway, and correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think that has it? I have used it before on my mates traktor though and thought it was pretty pointless, it didn't even work for some tracks. What I am guilty of is screen watching. I do rely heavily on the waveforms to make sure tracks are in time. Particulary on three decks as often I'm trying to cue the third track whilst having the other two tracks going. Therefore I will keep an eye on the waves to make sure they are in line you know. Sometimes this does fall out of sync, visually looks sound but to the ear, sometimes a ltiny bit out. My serato has started doing this as it has taken a battering. I don't know man, listening back it seem too bad to me, the only error i can hear l is when playing with fire comes in, but it gets corrected pretty quickly.

The thing is, when I do these mixes, firstly, I plan the fuck out of them. I think it took 6 attempts on this one. I start my next mix as soon as the last one is done so this is essentially 3 months or so of mixing joined into just over one hour. I'd be the first to admit, if you gave me all these tracks on wax and asked me to this mix it wouldn't come out as near as good.. but hey, fuck it, its just some fun, I don't really take it too seriously man.

Thanks for listening though bro :)

Ez man, new to the forum, just checking out some of the DJ mixes on here, this looks right up my street. On the DL

Ez Em-Tek, welcome man, glad you dig the tunes let me know what you think buddy!

Pon the DL Trev, this looks hench :)

Why thankyou FG you are sure of legendary status.

nice mix trevor, some serious beats in there.

always a pleasure to hear true romance jump into a mix like that :D

Wicked Hero, thanks for listening bro :)

Limited feedback as per listened a few times some awesome blends the one scratch through to always be was ridiculous top work Trevor pleasure was all mine :)

Safe bn14, it was my pleasure you beast.

big big mix, from start to finish, the intro was just nuts, not heard many people play with 'Enemy of the State' defo a personal favourite of mine, but even before that came in i was hooked.. kinda wanted it to go up a notch after that but liked what you did, picked up for again around Count to Ten, thought Latch coming in was abit sudden but the double with Ev deads up for that after that was heavy.. then got interesting again with the Annix track and thought after that was pretty rolling, few lil slips but didnt ruin the mix, defo check yours out again i think 50 mins would have been enough personally

Ah thanks danny that's awesome man. Yhe Enemies of State is gutter. So rude, love it everytime. I think you are bang on with the length actually goign to keep it a bit shorter next time defo :)

Big big big mix mate! The only thing I didn't like in this was that tease of Hard Noize, but that's just me being picky. Apart from that it was pure class all the way through. Loved the ideas behind some of the mixes, namely Origin of the Cave >> Elevate This Sound, Dogs & Frogs >> Galactica and especially Killer Driller >> Pure Gold, I might have to steal that one, fucking murder! I was also pleased to see Revolta >> Count To Ten and Automatic >> Ev's Dead since I'm doing both of those myself :D Really nailed this in terms of variety as well, not too little and not too much of everything, that's what I like to hear (and would love to hear in the club).

sorry for being so late, just listened and was really blown away. hope i can do such miracles some time aswell, selection was just murderous. for detailed feedback i'd have to listen a few times over but atm i don't have the time to do that so big ups trev

Back
Top Bottom