studio one ??

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
alright fellas.

Who here is using studio one? mates have been raving bout it as of late and im sick of reason (still on 4.0).

So thinking of rebooting my dying macbook pro and getting studio one, anyone here rocking it?

I did a trial for this a while ago. The GUI Is stunning. To be honest though I didn't give it enough time to learn my way around it properly but it seems nice. I think the main thing they boasted was the improved workflow features.

Anyway, give it a shot, it seemed good but im a cubase fan boy :P

a friend of mine (a pro producer) switched to studio one a little while ago, raved about being amazing and ableton being shit in comparison, outdated etc etc.

he is now back working in ableton.

I have Studio One v1.6.5, Studio One v2.0.3, Reason 5, and Cubase 5

Try out Studio One v1.6.5 it runs like a dream and is really stable with very low cpu usage. I have Studio One 2.0.3 but have issues with it running up my cpu at about 75% while its just sitting there and then creates clipping when doing anything etc.... apparently a rare issue but it has affected a few on the forums it seems.

But as I say v.1.6.5 is what I use and really enjoying. You can rewire in reason with a simple drag over of the instrument and then load up reason job done. Done it a few times now but i'm trying learning how to do as much as possible in just Studio One itself which i'm finally managing to do. I used to just rewire reason in for doing drums and such.. but now working them well with impulse within Studio One.

I can't seem to get my head around or into Cubase. I guess i'm a nice GUI user as apposed to a win 3.1 looking program lol I know looks arn't everything of course but I just really can't get to grips with it, I get frustrated and just end up wasting my time which I don't have a lot of.

If you want any more info or anything about Studio One I'd be more then willing to try and help lol.

Just remembered thinking it was good. But nothing groud breaking, maybe a bit over hyped.

mmm
looks wicked
im thinking of moving from logic to ableton
so if i do move,do i need to reinstall all my vsts and all?
sorry for hi jak

mmm
so if i do move,do i need to reinstall all my vsts and all?

no

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Just remembered thinking it was good. But nothing groud breaking, maybe a bit over hyped.

Theres a lot more too it then meets the eye to be fair. A lot of stuff isn't found straight away in menus and such, its more shortcuts and mouse clickable area options then menus etc.

Such as to stretch a audio sample was impossible in menus until i watch a tutorial on their website and found out its as simple as holding ctrl+alt then dragging the end of the sample to where i wanted it to stretch to. lol

Once you learn the little tricks such as the fading options just click in the top end corner of a block and you can adjust the fade... takes less then a second to do...

You can really learn to do things so quickly...

Back
Top Bottom