studio discussion/pictures thread

Hi, looks like you're rocking the microQ, is that still any good? If you got any tunes that have it in use I'd very much like to hear. I've been thinking of getting either nord lead 2 rack or the Q rack (not micro, but essentially they're the same i think), and have seen a few floating around these days.

At the moment I'm using it just a little and mainly for small bass-bumps. The µQ has very short envelopes which makes it great for playing tonal 808-like basses. But you're right, seen from the interior the µQ and the Q rack are pretty much the same. I found the Q rack way too expensive so I made up my mind and came up with the idea to combine my µQ with a BCR2000 for easier access to most of the parameters and I have to admit that it works well. So if you can grab one, get it! It sounds fat. I like to route it through a tube-preamp to get it sound even fatter.

http://www.synthman.com/waldorf/q-rack.html

Last edited:
Just bought these two badboys as a bundle to give my production a more hands on feel:

BCR2000_P0245_Right_web.jpg

BCF2000.jpg

Here's the results of my "redecoration".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's a bit too close to the walls, and I have a problem with reflections from behind me.

Still rocking the oldskool CRT monitor!

Attachments

• gear3.jpg
    gear3.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 437
  • gear2.jpg
    gear2.jpg
    903 KB · Views: 455
  • gear1.jpg
    gear1.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 441
Set this up at the weekend as I'm off college for the summer so finally got some free time to make tunes, built on a tight budget but should do the job.

l_2779c6646711477f9ab637f86c9b0d5c.jpg

Gateway MX6635B Laptop
M-Audio Axiom 61 Keyboard
Alesis IO2 Audio Interface
Alesis M1 Active 320USB Monitors
Behringer BCR2000 MIDI Controller
Behringer BCF2000 MIDI Controller
Sony MDR-V150 Headphones
Sony MDR-V700 Headphones
Dell 17'' Monitor
Western Digital 160GB HDD
Iomega 1TB HDD
Dell Keyboard
Dell Mouse

Got all this with the money I was saving for technics, and got change.

Back
Top Bottom