studio discussion/pictures thread

School Mix
Sweet set-up @Derelicts Of Tomorrow, lights an all! Definitely looks like a great location for a wild evening!

@Manu Forti huge steps in 4 years! My current set-up is pretty much where you started haha :(

x5uQ3bc.jpg

I'm not too sure why those broken img link icons are showing at the bottom of this post, sorry if I've multi-posted the same thing!
UhrQh
two screens though, a big advantage there. I would benefit from that right now myself...

The krks are good aswell, Supposed to have a bit of colour on low end but they’re reasonably flat if you get placement in room right I’d say.

Still find myself reaching for real keys when it comes to writing actual melodies though. May just be my preference thoguh. It' defo a useful tool and the potential for mixing is very interesting.
Yeah it seems like an interesting piece of gear Ive been thinking of getting one lately.

Here's a pic of my setup right now. I moved in here a few months ago and I feel like I'm finally getting used to the way the room sounds.
IMG_0394.JPG

School Mix

two screens though, a big advantage there. I would benefit from that right now myself...

The krks are good aswell, Supposed to have a bit of colour on low end but they’re reasonably flat if you get placement in room right I’d say.
I swear by my krk 8s epspecially along with the 12" sub

Sweet set-up @Derelicts Of Tomorrow, lights an all! Definitely looks like a great location for a wild evening!

@Manu Forti huge steps in 4 years! My current set-up is pretty much where you started haha :(

x5uQ3bc.jpg

I'm not too sure why those broken img link icons are showing at the bottom of this post, sorry if I've multi-posted the same thing!
UhrQh
Haha brother a wild evening in my house means my son shit himself and I have to change his diaper and sticking my hand in his poop without realizing it until I itch my face hahaha

School Mix

I only got the monitors about 3-4 months ago, after 3 years on the m50s alone I'm probably no stranger to a coloured low end haha. I'm still tuning my ear to them and will definitely need to do a lot of work on placement/sound treatment once I'm a little more accustom to them, hopefully that won't take too long :)

Haha brother a wild evening in my house means my son shit himself and I have to change his diaper and sticking my hand in his poop without realizing it until I itch my face hahaha

hahahaha love it man! nothing like a bit of doo-doo warpaint while conjuring fire in the basement

Yeah it seems like an interesting piece of gear Ive been thinking of getting one lately.

Here's a pic of my setup right now. I moved in here a few months ago and I feel like I'm finally getting used to the way the room sounds.View attachment 7563

Looks like your pretty much set mate, i see your completely dead behind speakers? Are you used to this? That will defo take a bit to get used too. Low end might seem loud if its not replicated on back wall aswell since the reflections will accumulate there (possibly im no expert lol) Is that an octotrack on your desktop? Also whats the synth with the wooden ends on bottom of stand?

Looks like your pretty much set mate, i see your completely dead behind speakers? Are you used to this? That will defo take a bit to get used too. Low end might seem loud if its not replicated on back wall aswell since the reflections will accumulate there (possibly im no expert lol) Is that an octotrack on your desktop? Also whats the synth with the wooden ends on bottom of stand?

I'm a total noob when it comes to sound treatment. Am I just sabotaging myself like this? Would it be a good idea to take some of the panels from the back wall and spread them around the room?

The synths on the desktop are a blofeld and a Arturia minibrute that I broke some keys on so I ended up taking the keys off and turned it into a desktop module. The one on the stand is the sub 37 that's my baby girl.

I'm a total noob when it comes to sound treatment. Am I just sabotaging myself like this? Would it be a good idea to take some of the panels from the back wall and spread them around the room?

The synths on the desktop are a blofeld and a Arturia minibrute that I broke some keys on so I ended up taking the keys off and turned it into a desktop module. The one on the stand is the sub 37 that's my baby girl.

Difficult to say, ive just been learning about it recently. Id say its defo good practice to put some behind speakers but i would defo be considering the rest of the room aswell.

Difficult to say, ive just been learning about it recently. Id say its defo good practice to put some behind speakers but i would defo be considering the rest of the room aswell.

Yeah I definitely need to do some more reading into acoustics and treatment, That's my top priority right now.

A bit ghetto but function>form. Just setup the dual screens yesterday and raised and widened the speakers, much better sound now, a lot cleaner and easier to distinguish sounds/freqs

Will be building a 3u rack mount for the desk then everything will go on that

IMG_5090.jpg

Need to pitch the left speaker up a bit

NS-10m
G5 8 core with 32gbs of crap ram
Edirol FA-66
JBL car sub, works very well, just takes up half the room!
Old laptop being used as a wireless card

Rooms also a painting room
IMG_5084.jpg

Paints dry btw, not wheeling the chair through wet paint

A bit ghetto but function>form. Just setup the dual screens yesterday and raised and widened the speakers, much better sound now, a lot cleaner and easier to distinguish sounds/freqs

Will be building a 3u rack mount for the desk then everything will go on that

View attachment 7569
Need to pitch the left speaker up a bit

NS-10m
G5 8 core with 32gbs of crap ram
Edirol FA-66
JBL car sub, works very well, just takes up half the room!
Old laptop being used as a wireless card

Rooms also a painting room
View attachment 7570
Paints dry btw, not wheeling the chair through wet paint

qqwvpinecwltu8ktew9s.png

Derelicts of Tomorrow, that room is a dream. I wish I had a room like that! Dancing and all sorts of bad behavior, bummer you had to get rid of the turntables but super dope room!

I dig the Buddha and that cat picture is pretty amazing

Last edited:
20171118_130404.jpg

my current set up,

Old 2011 Macbook Pro (in process of designing + ordering parts for a new computer)
Pioneer DDJ SX2
Novation Impulse 61
Couple of Fender Strats and an old acoustic
SM58
Rokit 6 Speakers
Sennheiser HD 25 headphones
Some crap $20 Sony headphones as a "junk headphone" reference
Fender 15W Bullet Reverb (that has a great clean tone on it)
Not pictured/under the desk for storage: Mesa Boogie single rectifier

The rack has 2 T.C. electronic parametric EQs and and old multi-effects, but i don't have an I/O box to get em wired into the system yet, so they're decorative at this point.

Back
Top Bottom