studio discussion/pictures thread

Remember hearing at college if you have a lot of shelves and stuff in your room it is better for the sound, all the sounds bouncing all over the place i guess.

Shelves with nothing on will just create loadsa echo which won't be good for accurate sharp sound, if the shelves however have books, or ideally cushions and soft things on instead of being empty, they will absorb the sound and give you a cleaner sound.

One of my mates used to have a broken sofa in the corner that you couldn't sit or you'd dissappear into it, just to soak up echoes from hard walls and corners

03062009451.jpg

03062009452.jpg

18022009316.jpg

get some monitors man! :D
i remember the days when i produced with my speakers on the floor facing away from me haha, they were shitty prosounds too

Shelves with nothing on will just create loadsa echo which won't be good for accurate sharp sound, if the shelves however have books, or ideally cushions and soft things on instead of being empty, they will absorb the sound and give you a cleaner sound.
One of my mates used to have a broken sofa in the corner that you couldn't sit or you'd dissappear into it, just to soak up echoes from hard walls and corners

Dam! I knew i should've kept those fluffy toys from when i was a kid! :D

get some monitors man! :D
i remember the days when i produced with my speakers on the floor facing away from me haha, they were shitty prosounds too

cant afford em mate. this isnt any good i know but i never get time now anyway so itll probably stay like this for shits n giggles

everybody has all this fancy stuff lol, when all you really need is monitors, a midi keyboard, a computer, and the production suite ie reason fruity cubase or whatever.

bunch of flash gits lol
Nope. You're just saying that cuz you don't any flashy gits.

it's his i think.. i know he uses loads of hardware anyway lol
you got any for sale atm bro? or know where i could pick some cheap stuff up?

@ Filtersweeper is that studio personal or commercial?
Just me in there! Although that may be an idea at some point. Renting out studio time. The room has actually been totally ripped down, and is being redone top to bottom. Sound-treatment business(sound-proof insulation/drywall) , and custom desk/table.

it's his i think.. i know he uses loads of hardware anyway lol
you got any for sale atm bro? or know where i could pick some cheap stuff up?
I was going to sell the Spectral Audio Neptune 2, (rack synth) cuz at first it seemed to be a 1-trick-pony, but upon exploring it some more I managed to pull some heavy sounds! So to answer your question, Not at the moment. I normally finance my stuff from the local music shop. Also have made some good deals from people getting out of the music production scene and looking to liquidate!

Neptune 2 used on the 8th and 16th bars of this tune to give a sample.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/606508534cb9e7b9/

looking good bro, what racks you got?
any you can reccomend? that aren't too expensive..
a rack or two will probably be my next purchase

Cheers!

From top to bottom...

Korg Rackmount Guitar/Bass Tuner
Behringer Autocom Pro 2 Channel Compressor/Gate/Limiter
Samson S-Com 4 Channel Compressor/Gate
Focusrite Platinum Trackmaster Pro Pre-Amp/Channel Strip
Old Boss Delay Unit I was given
Behringer HA8000 4 Channel Headphone Amp
Digidesign 001 Pro Tools Interface (8 analouge I/O + MIDI and SP/dif etc)

The compressors and gates I dont use a huge amount at the min, I used them when recording drums etc for bands I have been in. The Trackmasters a nice bit of kit, I use it on most things I record (vocals, guitars etc) would definately recommend it.

Places like Digital Village http://www.dv247.comand Turnkey http://www.turnkey.co.uk are good for studio bits, most of my stuff ive ordered from Digital Village.

Let me know wat kind of thing your looking for I'll try and recommend some bits mate.

Cheers!

From top to bottom...

Korg Rackmount Guitar/Bass Tuner
Behringer Autocom Pro 2 Channel Compressor/Gate/Limiter
Samson S-Com 4 Channel Compressor/Gate
Focusrite Platinum Trackmaster Pro Pre-Amp/Channel Strip
Old Boss Delay Unit I was given
Behringer HA8000 4 Channel Headphone Amp
Digidesign 001 Pro Tools Interface (8 analouge I/O + MIDI and SP/dif etc)

The compressors and gates I dont use a huge amount at the min, I used them when recording drums etc for bands I have been in. The Trackmasters a nice bit of kit, I use it on most things I record (vocals, guitars etc) would definately recommend it.

Places like Digital Village http://www.dv247.comand Turnkey http://www.turnkey.co.uk are good for studio bits, most of my stuff ive ordered from Digital Village.

Let me know wat kind of thing your looking for I'll try and recommend some bits mate.

thanks for the heads up man, would you consider selling any of the bits you don't use?

sick place innovine. would love to play around there a bit :D :D

especially lovin the funiture! who needs chairs?

And I do have a chair actually, its hiding on front of the yellow xl-7. I spend a good deal of the time on the sofa with some electribes though.

thanks for the heads up man, would you consider selling any of the bits you don't use?

I dont really get rid of equipment im terrible for it, I know the second i get rid of something I'll need it! Plus I've got a live rig that could always do with a few more gates and compressors etc if i decide to take it out of the studio.

What bits of outboard gear you looking at getting? Dynamics stuff like Compressors, Limiters, or Effects?

Back
Top Bottom