stealing drums

Sampling someones snares like that is wrong, i would be very pissed if someone done that to ours

It also makes the person who ripped it look a tit when they send it off and the label who they sent it to notice that its a ripped snare

Sample packs that are royalty free are totally different to a ripped drum hit from a track

I wonder how old something has to be before you feel no guilt sampling it? Or does it just have to be in a different genre?

I set limits like these because otherwise looking for samples would be overwhelming. If I only allow myself to look at certain subset of all the possible music out there, it gives me a clear direction.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

also... i would only be pissed if someone sampled me and made a better tune than i had (in which case i'd only really be pissed with myself :teeth:)

Sampling someones snares like that is wrong, i would be very pissed if someone done that to ours

It also makes the person who ripped it look a tit when they send it off and the label who they sent it to notice that its a ripped snare

Sample packs that are royalty free are totally different to a ripped drum hit from a track

I dont see how anyone would know tbh

theres a million and one snares out there, the possibility of two sounding very similar are pretty high

and who has listened to every single tune made anyway? there no way anyone could prove anything

I dont see how anyone would know tbh

theres a million and one snares out there, the possibility of two sounding very similar are pretty high

and who has listened to every single tune made anyway? there no way anyone could prove anything

Theres ppl out there who know.. There always people that know!!! Para had a load of shit cause ppl reckoned he ripped off spor.

innovine are you telling me you have never ever sampled anything before??
or used a sample pack?? - (its still technically "ripping off someone elses work")

Nope, never. I play everything on a drumkit and just record myself. And I write all the bass on my access virus.
But besides that, I don't think using a sample pack is the same thing, since a sample pack is sold with the express purpose of using the sounds in your own music, which is clearly stipulated in the license agreement when you buy it. If you're downloading your sample packs from the pirate bay then the license is probably missing, and the above does not apply.

I bought a load of completion cd's off amazon the other day. lots of jazz and 70's soul stuff. sampled the shit out of it. never had so much fun :) made some pretty cool breaks too!

I usually just sample anything that i like the sound of or inspires me a little bit. if i need something a little extra ill sift through my sample packs or one of my CM cd's.

Hey, the other day i was going through a CM cd and found the vocals Seba used for his painted sky track!

another thing, can't remember what tune it was but Noisa, quite literally took a song made by someone else, reversed and put on there album :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom