Soundcards?

BLoodstaiN`

My soundcard is breaking down faster & faster now, having a constant background noize, which fucks my mind up and gives me a headache while producing.

Now i'll have to leave my monitors and buy a new soundcard first.
are there any special Soundcards made for production, or is a regular Creative soundblaster soundcard good enough?

have a Creativy audigy atm, but it's wrecked totally ;p
Mic input doesn't even work anymore xd

Soundbashers and all those things are not really made for production. They have a terrible lag and a high noise factor, plus they might take weird interference from usb devices etc.

Look up an online music shop (dv247 or Thomann for example) and start browsing their "audio interfaces". Find one that suits your budget. 100€ will get you a good entry-level device. You will have less lag (between pressing a button and sound coming out the speakers), better sound quality (24bit) and better converters (possibly crisper sound, no interference, noise etc.)

Look at stuff like M-Audio, Presonus, MOTU etc. M-Audio seems to be the cheapest.

i use the edirol FA-66, had it for 3 years and never had a problem with it, also know others that use it and they have no complaints

Soundbashers and all those things are not really made for production. They have a terrible lag and a high noise factor, plus they might take weird interference from usb devices etc.

Look up an online music shop (dv247 or Thomann for example) and start browsing their "audio interfaces". Find one that suits your budget. 100€ will get you a good entry-level device. You will have less lag (between pressing a button and sound coming out the speakers), better sound quality (24bit) and better converters (possibly crisper sound, no interference, noise etc.)

Look at stuff like M-Audio, Presonus, MOTU etc. M-Audio seems to be the cheapest.

is that PCI wise or USB wise?

You wanna go for PCI my friend.

Even something like a soundblaster card is far superior to most onboard audio cards.

Back
Top Bottom