Share your Logic tips here.

Hey guys i just got logic for christmas and I love it but is their anyone way to do drums like Redrum. I know theirs ultrabeat but ultrabeat slices off a couple miliseconds off your samples which I don't like and drawing the midi is a huge pain because i never get anything to sound right. Any solutions?

I draw everything out in audio.
like this
screenshot20110205at164.png

Same here although I sometimes use ultrabeat for drum rolls and fills, midi gate works a charm to prevent overlap when doing fast rolls. Plus some of the kits actually sound very good.

big thread! got some good info from in here!!

as for the latest posts, ultrabeat, i keep hearing of it, but have never even seen it in Logic, never mind used it

i used to put all my drums (hats, kicks, snares etc) thru esx24, but now days only ever use audio for my drums!

really useful post and its good to give it a bump to get it back up the list! :)

check my tunes on the link below , appreciated :)

Hey, I've got a quick question. I've started to use a compressor to duck a certain bassline, primarily from a kick, and almost always when I pause it after listening to it over again there is still the last note being played from the bassline synth. Is there a way to fix this because it's really starting to get on my nerves when I'm trying to edit a song and when ever I stop the playback the bassline keeps going. Any kind of help would be appreciated, thanks!

yeah i know what u mean, that happens to me aswell....when it happens just click on the little 'r' on the channel strip of the bassline (next to the 'm' and 's' buttons), and it will stop playing.

yeah that's what I've ended up doing but I was just curious if there's a way to do it without having to mute the channel

Right someone help. I'm looking at bass. What the fuck do I do with the ES2? Not looking for wobble really, more towards dark, subby, bouncy, junglist bass? Everything I make follows a note, how do i make it go like atonal almost?

also has anyone got any links to sites that explains sythesis particualrly bass and with examples of logic synthesisers given? Saw some up recently, but have lost em now.

cheers for that - quite confusing though. Does anyone else have anything more.......retard friendly (still for Bass sythesis)

Fuck me it's difficult :mad:

Hey guys.

Anyone can tell me any good free synths that are good for D&B/ Dubstep that work with logic/ on a mac. all the ones i can find are pc only...

ye im usin massive alot atm, just was wondering coz its always fun 2 play with new synths. get some inspiration. but ye i should probably sick with the ones that come with logic. thanks for the link, i will read up on it :)

Back
Top Bottom