Scratch mixers

sleaZe

Im on the look out for a new mixer, i need a decent fader but i dont have much cash. I have been looking at the Vestax PMC 06 but i don't like the 2 knobs on the EQ. HI/LOW. I am used to using 3 knobs (LOW/MID/HI) Does anyone think that a change to the vestax mixer would effect my mixing in any way as i am used to the 3 EQ knobs on my current mixer?

Ezzz
having 3 EQ's for scratching and eq'in is imo very useful. I've been through alot of mixers and I will personally recommend any vestax scratch mixer, there's something about the tightness of em....I aint found nothing that can match em to be honest.

I currently running a PMC 07 samurai and a technics champ mixer, considering an PMC 08 but in two minds at the mo.
Go with Vestax>>> :hype:

I've got a Xone 02, the linear EQ is sick as fuck and the Penny & Giles X-Fader is smooooth...

I wish they made more mixers with linear EQ, so much more versatile than rotary...

About £350 quid I think, or about £180 if you know someone who works for Allen & Heath ;)

DO NOT GET AN ALLEN AND HEATH IF U WANT TO SCRATCH
lush mixers but not 4 scratchin imo.i sold my allen and heath xone 32 or whateva it was. (n)

i bought a stanton SA3 and its very good, nice durable/smooth fader, only 155 quid too! Also it has 3 EQ's :D thanks for the help people.
peace

DO NOT GET AN ALLEN AND HEATH IF U WANT TO SCRATCH
lush mixers but not 4 scratchin imo.i sold my allen and heath xone 32 or whateva it was. (n)

The Xone 02 is a dedicated scratch mixer

xone_02_front_panel-2f85d02486233dbddc958754002a6bcf.jpg

The Xone 02 is a dedicated scratch mixer

xone_02_front_panel-2f85d02486233dbddc958754002a6bcf.jpg

I agree with Badmon, A&H are bad boy mixers, but not for scratching and turntablism. Their faders and curves are not the best, plus the layout on the top is a little uncomfortable. Like Klusta said, some of the best mixers I've used are the Vestax ones, especially the PMC-08PRO

PMC08PRO.jpg

PMC 08 is a great scatch mixer. In fact, it's a great mixer overall - everything's digital. It's brilliant, if a bit expensive.

You have to watch out for the linear controls though - they're good for turntablism, but quite shit for mixing in general. So if you do a lot of both, like me, then fuck the linear shit.

Allen and Heath mixer generally aren't made for scratching (except the 02, which I didn't know about until this thread) but have got great sound to them. They have a very robust cross fader and can handle the abuse though, and I plan on buying a 92 and using it occasionally for scratching - the quality of Allen and Heath is so high that there is no doubt in my mind they can handle it, even if not primarily designed for it.

Rane TTM56 - There is no skratch mixer better in my eyes.

I've owned:
- Tascam XS-8
- Ecler 360
- Vestax 05 Pro

The Rane flaws all of them. Sound quality (you could use this thing as a Hi-Fi pre-amp) + Magnetic faders = butter

Rane TTM56 - There is no skratch mixer better in my eyes.

I've owned:
- Tascam XS-8
- Ecler 360
- Vestax 05 Pro

The Rane flaws all of them. Sound quality (you could use this thing as a Hi-Fi pre-amp) + Magnetic faders = butter

agreed.

I have owned the allen & heath Xone:02. It was a real cool mixer you had 2 line auxiliaries per mixer channel, which is by far one of its coolest features. I had to replace the EQ faders after about 4 years from Dust & General wear & tear. The Xone:02 EQ is only -28db, compared to the Rane TTM-56 which says OFF, and it really means just that.

I recommend the RANE TTM-57

its all the same components and features of the TTM-56 + it has SERATTO built in, all you need is a laptop and you are set.

i bought a stanton SA3 and its very good, nice durable/smooth fader, only 155 quid too! Also it has 3 EQ's :D thanks for the help people.
peace

had the SA3 too before the fucking crossfader was cut in two peaces haha, tried to fix it with glue but no chance lol

got the SA5 atm and working pretty nicely, i think the fader eq's really help sometimes when youre juggling and wanna play around with eq's

I recommend the RANE TTM-57

its all the same components and features of the TTM-56 + it has SERATTO built in, all you need is a laptop and you are set.
Word. I was gutted when these hit the stores... about 2 days after I purchased the standalone Scratch LIVE.

Great mixer though. Would be rad to have eveything integrated.

Back
Top Bottom