ROB PAPEN ALBINO 3

Discussion in 'Production' started by KEMZ, Feb 4, 2009.

1. KEMZ

KEMZ Blatant Royal Status

anyone got it? used it?

well i wanna know know if its worth its weight in coinage cos im 2 clicks away from a purchase, looks the shizzle, sounds the shizzle, but is it the BIZZLE thats what i wanna know!

for those that have never heard of it, its a software synth made by a dutch geezer called....Rob Papen.

but i keep refering to him as Rob Playpen out of an annoying habit of changing peoples names

2. MuttleyDubs

MuttleyDubs Member

ive got it, never really used it though...i only really use massive - does everything i want it to.
    i personally dont like the way it's laid out, its all a bit cranky for me...massive is nice and straight-forward

rusko uses it though, so i guess thats a plus?

3. KEMZ

yeah thats the way i saw it and it makes sense someone like rusko uses it, its a wobble machine by the sounds of it.

most synth work in much the same way give or take a few features, im wondering if the pre-sets are any good,

cheers though bro;)

4. MuttleyDubs

MuttleyDubs Member

i wasnt a huge fan of the presets...mainly pads and poor excuses for "dnb reeces"/wobbles
    but that's just from memory and i think i only checked once, i may be mistaken

5. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I like it...

I wouldn't use it as a my main synth but you can make some cool sounds with it if you play around.

I agree tho, the presets arent all that. Although I have never found the presets of any synth to be as good as the ones you can potentially make yourself.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  6. KEMZ

thats exactly right, pre sets arnt really meant to be used straight up like that - you can always twist it into something else, and thats where all the fun is eh! i wouldnt expect to use a preset in a track, ever

think im gonna download that demo and have a lookses

basically im looking at getting new synths or drum machines rather than spend my cash on weed, vinyls, the missus and beer as per lol

that MASSIVE synth is very tempting and ive heard great things about it also

cheers peeps

7. MuttleyDubs

MuttleyDubs Member

honestly you cant go wrong with massive

8. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Massive is one of the top ones, very good for DnB. It's pretty easy to pick up the basics of it and you can get some nasty sounds out of it!

z3ta+ is also pretty good... I find it takes a bit more work than massive, but its a bit darker if thats your kinda thing.

I use Cubase for production, but at the moment one of my fave synths to muck around with is actually Reasons Thor... it has a really warm feel to it and makes great liquid basslines.

Just a bit of a pain having to use a rewire (takes up a lot of CPU) so I tend to bounce it to audio and put it into a sampler in Cubase.

9. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

i wanna get massive man

10. KEMZ

its that or go one step beyond.......shell out just under £300 and get REAKTOR 5

fuck, that looks very comparable to the dangly bits between a dogs 2 hind legs!

300 boys is alot to lay out though......any comments anyone??? I bet anyone whos got it will big it up

11. KEMZ

hey man, thats exactly how i use reason cos of the ungodly load it puts on my CPu if i rewire it, fuggin processors eh!

ive got a z3ta+ - any tips??? i thought it more sequenced sounds but do you know how to dial in nice sounds??

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Depends on what your trying to make with it...

If its a reece bass then its the same as all synths really. Build it up with a combination of saw, sine and or square waves, de-tune it, distortion etc etc

There are lots of video tutorials on youtube.

I can't be more specific cos I'm at work at the mo.

13. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I saw one online shop selling Rob Papen Blue with Albino 3 added on for free. Can't remember which site, possibly Dolphin. No idea what Blue is like. Albino is quite straight forward I think. Wouldn't be your go to for drum and bass but can't just have everyone using massive I suppose........

14. Reference

Reference fair shout.

just download it, ill put a link in the quarantine if you want?

15. Precept

Precept New Member

Yeah reaktor is the one imo depending how far u wanna delve into it (as in making your own synths) as once you understand that you can pretty much make ur ultimate synth with every function you want in, also the essembles that come with it are pretty good expecially carbon

16. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

albino makes some ill pads, dark & light defo one to have in the rack
    massive is the ultimate synth, essential vst, does anything & everything

dont discuss warez.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
  17. KEMZ

i downloaded and had a play with massive last night and couldnt get off it, fuckin wicked bit of kit.

i downloaded the Reaktor 5 one aswell but didnt have time to delve as i was mincing around with massive the whole time. so thats in the £150 region? it is alot i spose, but then you can do alot with it

i like the idea of building your synths ect in Reaktor to get really original sounds, thats prob the way foward! ill demo that for a bit and see what the crack is then possibly save the poundage for that....................the optionzzzzz!!

18. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

if my knowledge of making synths was greater i would try reaktor but i still need to read up alot about how its done, once i know reaktor would defo be in my mind but massive can do things no other synth ive seen can

19. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

stop discussing warez.

20. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

(y)