Ram Records @ Fabric - 12th August

from the look of those videos and from the last few rams before this one, andy's tune selection has gone right down in my book. his sets used to be so much better, going much darker with loads of rollers but now he just plays cheesy half time ear killing high pitch tunes. come on andy sort it out!

from the look of those videos and from the last few rams before this one, andy's tune selection has gone right down in my book. his sets used to be so much better, going much darker with loads of rollers but now he just plays cheesy half time ear killing high pitch tunes. come on andy sort it out!

Think that his selection was correct reflecting the RAM 100 theme

This is true, when you compare this to some of his sets at Matter, there is just no comparison, eg:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a decent night overall but I do have a few complaints.
I have never heard such a clang in the mainroom untill I heard Wilkinson, I don't like to bitch about people mixing but seriously it was so bad it killed my mood abit.
Andy did play a lot of tracks that I wasnt feeling but he is still the don, there were a few technicals aswell which didnt allow him to really gain any momentum. The section where he played facade VIP was decent!

Saw Boudi and Matty briefly aswell which was nice aswell, Wayne seemed pretty mashed!

Hating all these tunes on Ram at the moment. The ones that just sounds like Heavyweight/Link 2 The Past on ket!!!

That doesn't look as packed as other Ram nights? Is this due to the riot limitation?

Any news on the next one?

Don't understand why Ram have the set-up on the stage @Fabric when there are just continuous technical problems.

They always used to use the DJ booth @Matter, and they were always good nights. Fuck what any other label nights do when they host nights at Fabric, Ram need to sort it out.

This is true, when you compare this to some of his sets at Matter, there is just no comparison, eg:

I thought on Friday his selection was pretty decent to be fair, had a right little gully section in the middle and eased it towards the end. Even played franky mountain which gets 2 thumbs up from me. Dont assume just by the vids that he is going down hill!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy intro'd with

Culture Shock - Piano Tune
>> Loadstar - Bomber
>> Andy C - Nightflight

Fucking MURDER.
The whole night was sick imo, was still pretty rammed despite the whole ticket thing, but it died down about 3ish so there was plenty of room for manoeuvre.
DC Breaks were very poor for me, the first 40 odd minutes of their set was just old tunes like Mosquito, Front To Back, Get Lo, Therapy etc. Wasnt impressed tbh
Break set the standard tho, fucking absolutely killed it. Played so many sick rollers and finished with his remix of "The License"
Calyx & Teebee were slightly disappointing as well I thought, I was hoping for some 6 deck madness but it wasnt to be :( Played some hench tunes though and hearing Scavenger on a big system was rowdy.
Ed Rush & Optical tore room 3 to fucking shreds, it was so packed but managed to sweat it out for about 40 mins. They played some remix of Messiah which was fucking disgusting, didnt sound like the Spor or Noisia one though. They also played a halftime remix of Pacman which was insane!
Marcus Intalex rolled out nicely, he ran over about 30 minutes but I think he covered well, played some really wicked tunes. Atlantis Remix, Something New VIP, and some other absolute DUTT that I couldnt ID.
Andy was half hour late because of traffic, and when he got on he had massive technical issues with the decks skipping and stuff so he looked really pissed off. Still smashed it tho, intro was badness and he played all the standard filth. Plus some oldskool hardcore tune which sounded BAD.

Big ups to everyone I saw, Flicky, Boudi, Sam the DnB man, Wayne (although all I saw was a middle finger from the stage :teeth: ) Ray Rampage (albeit brief) and another guy who's name I didnt catch, big ups to you unknown forum member

Anyway, bedtime now.

This.

Proper fern gully

Was good to see all the people I saw. Even though i may have seen three of you. I was quite fucked I think....

I thought on Friday his selection was pretty decent to be fair, had a right little gully section in the middle and eased it towards the end. Even played franky mountain which gets 2 thumbs up from me. Dont assume just by the vids that he is going down hill!!

This, but he did play more drumstep than i thought he would tbh.. his intro mix was fire though, first time i heard piano tune on a big system - proper dirty, needs a release please!

Got the first 6 or so minutes (3/4 tunes) for you mate but then went to cool off / see Shimon (had been in room one for a good 3/4 hours straight)!

Such a sick, sick night. :slayer:

did you upload this mate? can't find it on your site

Is it me or does that crowd at the last ram seem a little not up for it? People are usually going spaz for Andy C.

Back
Top Bottom