Prophet : Horizon

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I could be wrong, but I think I'm finally starting to find my own style. I spent far too long recently trying to make various jump up / dubstep tracks and just wasnt getting anywhere. I took a little time out, and came back with a track that was probably my best yet. "Elements" got a lot of good feedback from you guys on here, and from my friends so I decided to play around with a similar style, and this is another new piece from me;

Horizon

real nice man... intro has got an old school 90s sort of vibe for me... beat is rolling along nicely, bassline aint for me tho its really simple and not very interesting to listen to...

but over all the whole sound is great. Really loving those drum edits you have around 1.40 and so on... nicely done mate!!

really well produced but i wouldnt have done something so simple with the bass man really lets the tune down

aha someones been playing with glitch around 1.40 lol.

good track man i also like the oldscool pad. bass lines fine it just seems like its been done before to me

Got the vibe bro !

Ahh....but is it a good vibe that I've got going? lol!

you are really moving forward guy!

Thanks. I've gone through a stage where I have been trying to produce something that just doesnt fit my production style. I finally realised this, and reverted back to what I know best. Add to that the fact I've had a long think about my productions, and where I want to go with it, hence a change of artist name.

From now on, you can expect to hear a liquid / tech style drum and bass with lots of atmospherics, under the synonym "Prophet"

Last edited:
Sweet track, good production quality and all that jazz. Maybe the beats (not the hihats) could do some more hi end but if you were aiming for that softer style it works too. I love how the melody reminds me of some old video games from the amiga days.

The glitch edits are a little random. I appriceate the oldskool jungle edit style much more, bit like the stuff that you got going elsewhere than the glitch parts.

It all gets a little boring to listen to tho. A little vocal or something would spice it up loads. Either that or more attention to the little things like having little FX bounce up here and there, modulating the bass different ways every now and then. Keep it up tho you're practically 'there' already.

i agree with Kama, production wise it is really solid and the sounds are great
but I found myself getting bored with it after a while, could use something extra

pretty much what the others said, a little more variety and id be happy to buy it, it just needs that extra something, whether you change the bassline or something like that to keep it interesting throughout

nice bassline and fx, drums are good too, dnt like the glitch drums myself sound out of place.. needs some variation.., but is a nice roller!

i remember hearing this very same break somewhere just today, and i definitely liked it, nicely layered drum hits on top of it, you've used some fills, very neatly, keeping the track flowing well. The LFO-d sub line, does get very boring though. So do something about that. The stuttering effects you made with glitch sound nice, but i'm not feeling the backwards snares i've found that keeping backwards snares like this low in the mix, out of center of attention works very well though.

Synthline sounds pretty good. Mix sounds decent as well.

Keep it up.

wow. agree with everything being said, especially bout the glitch fx and the lack of interesting fills. this is pretty damn solid.

really looking forward to hear more.

Yeah, man! Fackin love it!

You've got the vibes going strong now bro! Found your niche nd all that! ;)

Haha. I'm on a name change thing too! Really gonna start racking out the beats now!

(p.s. glitch for the win :D)

Back
Top Bottom