Pendulum LIVE! (Updated 21/02/07)

Re: Pendulum LIVE! Wow!

Positive or negative, Pendulum are causing reactions. And reactions are what makes music evolve.
Haters just love to hate, so ignore them.

That comment really pushed my button.

This isn't DOA.

You don't hear Hype, Grooverider, Andy C or Noisia slagging off Pendulum.

Pendulum is drum and bass.

Drum and bass isn't just what those who spend too much time saying clownstep on the internet label d&b (they would narrow drum and bass to about 10% of what the music is - condeming it to stagnation and death).

Its also atmospheric drum and bass.

Jump up drum and bass.

Neurofunk drum and bass.

Darkside drum and bass.

Old skool drum and bass / jungle.

Ragga jungle.

Trancestep drum and bass (shudder).

Liquid funk drum and bass.

Its all drum and bass.

Pendulum are certainly pushing this music forward, a lot more than most of those tweaking frequences in clouds of ganja smoke. It will evolve and change and go in new directions (as it did when rave -> jungle, jungle -> drum & bass).

Its not a direction that people who value d&b because of its underground status can accept but back in the day jungle was poised to take over the airwaves (and to some degree did for a while).

i couldnt agree more

pendulum has moved thing foward and thats what its all about

the people who hate are those who really wish they were pendulum or had come up with his style first

because it was nearly the death of rave

Nice, I've been hoping they might do something like this after they got bigger as I read ages ago that they were two guitarists and a drummer who used to be into metal and punk. I'll definitely make a pilgrimage to Fabric or anywhere else in the South to see this! :slayer:

I like pendulum but that was way too rocky for drum n bass, I don't even consider the tempo high enough, or the drum beat to even resemble drum n bass or jungle. They've moved too far towards rock with some bassy synthesisers, I think without the guitars the songs sound alot better.

You don't hear Hype, Grooverider, Andy C or Noisia slagging off Pendulum.

Pendulum is drum and bass.

Heres my logic:

A). I hate clownstep.
B). Pendulum is clownstep.

This must mean that...

C). I hate Pendulum. I do not hate DnB.

Clownrider, DJ Hype, etc.... do not diss Pendulum because they are clownstep DJs. They turned their back on DnB the moment they piled out of their DOA clowncar. If they dissed pendulum they would be burning their bridges. Then how are they going to get their fresh clown dubs across the river of clowns while waring clown shoes so they can visit clarabell?

:clown:

Last edited:

Heres my logic:

A). I hate clownstep.
B). Pendulum is clownstep.

This must mean that...

C). I hate Pendulum. I do not hate DnB.

Clownrider, DJ Hype, etc.... do not diss Pendulum because they are clownstep DJs. They turned their back on DnB the moment they piled out of their DOA clowncar. If they dissed pendulum they would be burning their bridges. Then how are they going to get their fresh clown dubs across the river of clowns while waring clown shoes so they can visit clarabell?

:lol:

P.S - How ya doing buddy!?

:lol:

P.S - How ya doing buddy!?

Today fine. I had a bad day yesterday and so I thank the internet for cheering me up with all the clownstep posts (B2TOS also has an ongoing discussion about clownstep).

I'm not a fan of Wikipedia but the entry for Clownstep is amazingly accurate! For those who don't believe that Pendulum is clownstep, a simple visit to Wikipedia may change your mind.

:eek: Oh. My. God.

that was fucking amazing.
i always wondered what live dnb would be like.

:rave::1:

it was kinda depressing at the same time. why am i still in sleepy perth? as soon as i get my degree im jumping a plane to a gig like that.

:drums: man that drummer would be exhausted by the end of the set!

:applause: well done boys. please please please bring the drum kit with ya when you come home for new years.

love it. love it. love it.

i found a pic of 1992!!!

clown.jpg

:teeth:

Everyone should check deadsilence.co.uk and listen to the audio...Dead Silence Syndicate (6 piece) all live band...

Post punk jungle bangers...As I said in a review published elsewhere...

o_O

Definitely not clownstep...

Clownstep haters make me:sleep:

it was kinda depressing at the same time. why am i still in sleepy perth? as soon as i get my degree im jumping a plane to a gig like that.

:drums: man that drummer would be exhausted by the end of the set!

:applause: well done boys. please please please bring the drum kit with ya when you come home for new years.

you shouldnt be depressed, most places are sleepy compared to London, especially a Fabric gig. Dont take ol' Perth for granted, I know its quiet at the moment, still kicks the shit out of all other Aus cities for dnb attitude.

you're right mesh. i spoke too soon.

well done boys. please please please bring the drum kit with ya when you come home for new years.

oh yeah my prayers have been answered!

swiped from their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/officialpendulum said:
LIVE - DECEMBER 31ST (NYE)
PERTH, AUSTRALIA
(DETAILS T.B.A.)
from what ive heard the gigs gona be at belvoir ampitheatre.

:banana: fuck. yeah.

Last edited:

you're right mesh. i spoke too soon.

oh yeah my prayers have been answered!

swiped from their myspace:

from what ive heard the gigs gona be at belvoir ampitheatre.

:banana: fuck. yeah.

You lucky fucker, I went to breakfest 05 and it was amazing...Pendulum Live at Belvoir would be the nuts.

Big up Pendulum...pushing the boundaries.

:slick: I hear Zinc dropped Phetsta, Muller and Sardi's 'People Mover' on dub in Perth on the weekend. did you go?

fuck man it was awesome! he played a really cool set.

people were aprehensive cos of all the dramas that heat has had with noise restrictions (fucking idiots move into apartments NEXT DOOR to a night club and then complain about the sound :mad: ) the last gig at heat was a trafik one- teebee and BSE. was a terrible night cos the music was too quiet. trafik also had issues with the owners of the club so theyve kinda given up on the place. (which is a shame cos its my favourite club.)

so loaded dice jumped in and fiddled round with the sound set up so that its sounds good inside but quiet outside. worked a treat man.

was a great night! :gslayer: he played creeper. i was satisfied <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom