Norwax - May 2013 Promo Mix

Norwax

VIP Junglist
Hey guys!

Decided to make a new mix, since I'm getting some nice gigs coming in the next 2 or 3 months. Thought it would be a good idea to show people what I've been playing. As you can see, there's alot of fresh stuff. I've been waiting for some releases to record this, that's why it just came out in the middle of the month.

Looking forward to know what you guys think, love the feedback I get in here. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Artwork

312db87.jpg

Tracklist

2yw9015.jpg

Alternative download link: http://dnbshare.com/download/Norwax_-_May_Promo_Mix.mp3.html

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Hey Norwax I'll be honest I don't think I've even heard one of your mixes yet!

Gonna give this a spin see how the Portuguese do their thaang! :slayer:

really good mix! havent listened to a techy mix in a while so was nice hearing bits of new material with some of my favourite tracks like millers and the tube vip. your mixing is rock solid man honestly can't fault it, very impressive

yes mr norwax! listened to this couple of days ago and i have to say, i think it's your best mix so far - and i have listened to most. sounds really professional, as if it could've been done by any of those hot shot tech dj-s. so big up! gonna rinse this more ;)

really good mix! havent listened to a techy mix in a while so was nice hearing bits of new material with some of my favourite tracks like millers and the tube vip. your mixing is rock solid man honestly can't fault it, very impressive

Cheers smith, thanks for the feedback! I've been keeping my mixes with recent material, atleast my latest 3. But i've got tons of music so I might pop a mix with older stuff one of this days!

Going to give this a bash later will let you know what I think!

Thanks mate, enjoy it!

yes mr norwax! listened to this couple of days ago and i have to say, i think it's your best mix so far - and i have listened to most. sounds really professional, as if it could've been done by any of those hot shot tech dj-s. so big up! gonna rinse this more ;)

Yoyo, thanks for the reply fuuz3r! You're not the first person who tells me this was my best one, so I guess I did a pretty good job on this!

Anyone else?

:rslayer:

We played it on mixlr the other night, very impressive man, TL will cause my wallet to be a bit lighter this month, great selection !!!

Vibes all the way mate!

Listened to this earlier really good selection, mixed well throughout. Best bit was:

Begin
Bad attitude
Mythos
Caution

Begin is a wicked track, the best on that ep (IMO) was a few bits I haven't heard before which sounded good so going to play this back again with the tracklist in front of me, cheers!

Thanks guys!

@djnibz

Bad Attitude to Mythos was also one of my favourite mixes. Had a hard time picking a tune to mix with Mythos, they all sound too good! I think I made a wise choice :)

Really enjoyed the Stano - Straighthead - Crimson run. The squelching filth of Straighthead I hadn't heard before, with the sad tone hook of Stano sounded wicked. Then blended nicely with Crimson, that sat really well underneath. I do like a lot of Gerra & Stones work & can't wait for their double sided Dispatch Ltd 10 10". The woopy bass in No Way Out sounded peachy with the roll of Crimson.... those 2 talking to each other nicely. Always liked those little samples where it sounds like there is a rewind for a split second, or the tune is being played backwards for a brief moment, like in No Way Out & a few old J Majik & Wickaman tunes. Loved hearing a bit of Heavy1 in there. One of my favourite producers... that snappy, sharp style he has. Nice one for putting Caution in the mix. One of my friends really likes that tune + potentially got something lined up for that tune ;) The pounding roll of Caution sat a treat with the broken growl of Mythos, leading into the punchy beat of The Tube vip to bounce well with the Icicle Perez colab when that sat in there. Thought that Exemption would sit equally well with The Tube vip, similar to the Alix influences of the mix right before, and it did. Exemption - Murmur - Perfect World rolled together extremely well. Those simple bass notes in Xtrvrt were very easy on the ears, and again one that I hadn't heard before. Plus there is something about that Precursor that reminds me of Hazard - Against The Clock when I first heard it, which I still enjoy hearing off that EP. Nice way to round off the mix.

Pretty tight mixing the right of the way through. Had a feeling it might be another double drop fest, and the majority of mixes were doubles. I do like that and you did execute them well. Like I mentioned in your last mix, became a little predictable in parts, but did like it when you let the tunes breath a bit more. Doesn't take anything away from your mixing, which is great. Mentioned the parts that I enjoyed the most, mainly down to tune selection and the way they sat together. Another pleasing episode in the Norwax series

Wicked feedback as usual Watcha!

I always get excited when I see you replied to my mixes :lol:

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

Back
Top Bottom