Drum & Bass NJA-Bangerz3-WIP Just looking for feedback.

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by NJA, Dec 14, 2015.

1. NJA

NJA New Member

This is a work in progress track. I feel like its ok, but is lacking something. All feedback welcome. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry removed the original link.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. NJA

NJA New Member

So I worked on mixing this down a bit today. I feel like it sounds better. But still not quite professional. I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on what to do to elevate it a bit. Thanks. Oh and I renamed it "Ravage" due to the little vocal shot I threw in there.

3. Virul

Virul Member

Hey !
    I really like the whole intro, especially the hats, their panning works well for me ! First ambiant sounds that comes in around 0:22 is a bit overwhelming for me, it sounds quite loud compared to the reste of the sounds.
    I feel like the leads synth leaves a bit of a mess in the high, maybe you could try to EQ it a touch to reduce its influence, this may bring back some of the hats that are a bit lost during the main bit.
    Maybe you could try lowering the volume ofthe snare during the breakdown (3:43 to 4:45), just so it has more impact as it comes back
    The sub sounds nice, and I like all the breaks in there !

4. NJA

NJA New Member

Thanks for the reply, I will try those things!

5. momentuk

momentuk Member

Basically just expanding on what virul mentioned. With the synths, you can generally start low passing between 8-12kHz usually... this removes a lot of the hiss sounds that you currently have, while also opening up the top end to the percussion sounds (hi-hats, shakers, etc). If you feel this takes away presence from the synths however, try adding distortion before the EQ to overcompensate. Also I feel like the kick and snare might be over compressed, which makes them lack punch when the track drops. Hope this helps, but nice work man!

6. NJA

NJA New Member

Thank man. Really good advice. Exactly what I needed.