Drum & Bass New track, would love some feedback/criticism.

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Jopa, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Jopa

Jopa New Member

Hope someone can enjoy this tune I've been working on, any feed back good or bad welcome :) Peace!

2. Alien Exposure

Alien Exposure Member

woah nice ambience in the track dude! Liking it

3. blend107

blend107 Active Member

Pretty huge atmospheric buildup here mate, I like this!
    I feel like the transisition between this buildup and drop is a little off, but that might just be my taste. It might just be that the drums need to be a touch louder so that I know if I've reached the drop if you know what I mean. Might just be me rambling crap here though.
    Bass is proper nice, really like the switchup in bass after the 32 bars.
    Well done, proper nice!

4. Jopa

Jopa New Member

Thanks guys :) I think you're right about the transition from build up to drop, I took a while trying out something else to correct it but in the end got frustrated and gave up :/ I will come back to this one in a few days and see if I can sort it out.
    Thanks again btw, really appreciate any feedback/comments :) Peace!

5. Xynth

Xynth New Member

That's a nice intro and transition. I do feel like the mix is kind of "everywhere" though. Some equalizing and controlled use of Reverb might help a bit.

6. ND4SPDMW11

ND4SPDMW11 VGM Enthusiast

I feel like the snare could hit harder, and I have to agree that the drop is a bit lacking. The build-up is by far great, but if the drop is mellow; it kind of makes the track not so great. Try adding more bass and/or elements to the drop, and make it powerful! I feel like that should make your track much better :)

7. Jopa

Jopa New Member

Awesome thanks for posting :) I'll take all on board for future tracks as well as for this when I come back to it. Getting a good mix is something I think I really struggle with atm but hopefully over time I will improve. Any tips or advice you could give me regards to the mix down process would be much appreciated! Thanks again, and peace!