DnB New track, would love some feedback/criticism.

Pretty huge atmospheric buildup here mate, I like this!
I feel like the transisition between this buildup and drop is a little off, but that might just be my taste. It might just be that the drums need to be a touch louder so that I know if I've reached the drop if you know what I mean. Might just be me rambling crap here though.
Bass is proper nice, really like the switchup in bass after the 32 bars.
Well done, proper nice!

Thanks guys :) I think you're right about the transition from build up to drop, I took a while trying out something else to correct it but in the end got frustrated and gave up :/ I will come back to this one in a few days and see if I can sort it out.
Thanks again btw, really appreciate any feedback/comments :) Peace!

That's a nice intro and transition. I do feel like the mix is kind of "everywhere" though. Some equalizing and controlled use of Reverb might help a bit.

I feel like the snare could hit harder, and I have to agree that the drop is a bit lacking. The build-up is by far great, but if the drop is mellow; it kind of makes the track not so great. Try adding more bass and/or elements to the drop, and make it powerful! I feel like that should make your track much better :)

Awesome thanks for posting :) I'll take all on board for future tracks as well as for this when I come back to it. Getting a good mix is something I think I really struggle with atm but hopefully over time I will improve. Any tips or advice you could give me regards to the mix down process would be much appreciated! Thanks again, and peace!

Back
Top Bottom