New Classics

ive been thinking about this recently, for me it has to be stray - timbre. 'leader of the new school'

There aren't really any classics anymore. People can name tracks from the early years but ask 100 people to name some recent classics and I bet you would get 100 different reseponses

ive been thinking about this recently, for me it has to be stray - timbre. 'leader of the new school'

The VIP kills it though.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

There aren't really any classics anymore. People can name tracks from the early years but ask 100 people to name some recent classics and I bet you would get 100 different reseponses

Thats because the classics from the 'early years' are established in as much as they are played or talked about still. There is nothing classic about a new tune, its speculation about what will still be interesting / relevant / sound good in years to come.

Agree with what has been said above, its hard to justify a new classic because some get completely rinsed then go unplayed for a long time...

Phace & Misanthrop - Desert Orgy (such a monster in a club or at home)
Someone said Snorkel...definitely up there.(also like the Spy refix of this, hope it gets released)
Lunar Bass (Commix VIP) <<<
Link to the Past
Octane & DLR - Transition

So many others...few of them have been covered already.

Back
Top Bottom