New Classics

Snaz

Can anyone recommend any tracks in the last 6 months that could be classed as future classics?

I have been out of touch with the dnb scene in 2011 so far so want to catch up on anything extra special.

Cheers
Snaz

I can see Loadstar - Link 2 the Past being a classic purely for that bassline... Dreadnaught will be like heavyweight by fresh... get killed then will be left out of the scene for a while then people will start hearing it again and be like yeeee heavyweight...

last year,

timewarp vip
gold dust (the new shake ur body)
moonwalker
link to the past
no problem
gatekeeper
falling through
floating zero
and probably food fight

No nothing from last year I have been well tuned in right through from the early 90's in this whole thing, just this year as been a bit heavy.

The Icicle LP I have and quite frankly i aint feeling it at all, although Dreadnaought was the stand out track on there i'll admit, but thats running at a slower tempo, or half time, not sure.

I guess I am looking for those stand out underground tracks, nothing by chase and status, or sub focus for example.

noisia & phace - floating zero
phace - strange science
break & die - slow down
rockwell - full circle
s.p.y. & kasra - surface
phace & misanthrop - desert orgy
enei - slow motion

deadnaught good tune but is far from a classic
and how has nobody mentioned Slow Down?? it'll definitely be in every single one of my sets for the next 10 years at least

'Noisia & Hybris - Crystalline'

Next level shit, but I don't know if it will be remembered as much as I think it deserves.

On a 2010 note, the tunes that I thought about have been said, but 'Break - Don't Look Down (feat. Calyx & Teebee)' is a killer, classy intro and nasty drop. The 'Break - Resistance' album is going to be a classic album, if that helps. ;)

phace - strange science
break & die - slow down

rockwell - full circle
s.p.y. & kasra - surface
enei - slow motion

deadnaught good tune but is far from a classic
and how has nobody mentioned Slow Down?? it'll definitely be in every single one of my sets for the next 10 years at least

...interesting

but i agree it should be up there it is a huge tune. I am away from my decks at the moment and so don't reach for the same tunes all the time, which helps me forget how amazing they are

...interesting

but i agree it should be up there it is a huge tune. I am away from my decks at the moment and so don't reach for the same tunes all the time, which helps me forget how amazing they are

i forgot to mention im blind...
but yeah for me it was the biggest tune of 2010 and deserves its place in dnb foreverrrrr

phace - strange science
break & die - slow down
rockwell - full circle
s.p.y. & kasra - surface
enei - slow motion

pretty much nailed it. would maybe throw in...

Enei, Eastcolours & Noel - Cracker
Siren - Snorkel

Back
Top Bottom