Need For Mirrors - Wood & Water EP [V Recordings] b2b Predict Which Label NFM Releases On Next

wow, just looked into this...check out all the labels he has released on (minus the 'featured on a mix on a label' labels like Hospital and Fabric):
Advance//d Recordings
Blu Mar Ten
Celsius Recordings
Channel 82
Chronic
CIA
CIA DeepKut
Clear Skyz
Commercial Suicide
Digital Soundboy
Dispatch Recordings
Dispatch LTD
DSM
Eternia
Fokuz Recordings
Footprints
Flexout Audio
FTM
Full Cycle
Function
Horizons Music
Hospital
Inneractive Music
Integral Records
Liquid V
Metalheadz
METHXX
Nu-Directions
Philly Blunt Records
Playaz Recordings
Play:music
Product
Rebel Instinct
Samurai Music
Samurai Red Seal
Shogun Audio
SGN:LTD
Siren Records
Soul:r
Spearhead Records
Subtronix
Symmetry Recordings
Uprising
V Recordings
Warm Communications
Yabai 84 Records
Zoltar

that is pretty impressive. I, for one think his tracks are hit-and-miss (still love Greazy), but no one can deny that that is one impressive lists of labels, and I challenge anyone to find a D&B artist that has released on more...

COMMAND STRANGE?

COMMAND STRANGE?
good shout (although he is now signed exclusively to V of course ;) )

Just from Discogs:
Innerground Records
Fokuz Recordings
Foul Play Dubstep
Liquid V
V Recordings
Horizons Music
Celsius Recordings
Chronic
Dark Manoeuvres
Antillectual Beats
Inform Records
Metalheadz Platinum
Prana Recordings
Rubik Digital
Integral Records
Directors Cut
Guinea Pig Records
Disturbed Recordings
LDNB Music
Grid Recordings
Stage2 Recordings
Liquid Brilliants Records
Basswerk Files
Have-A-Break Recordings
Digital Colours Recordings
Influenza Media
Funk Star Records
All Street Recordings[URL='http://www.discogs.com/label/260645-Stage2-Recordings'][/URL]

I think of him as underrated as most of the people here wouldn't recognize his name. Obviously he's not underrated by the labels and maybe even by the fans in the UK, then again I don't remember many guys on here talking about him either.

Apart from those already listed I always loved those tunes:

personally im a big fan of everything need for mirrors has released on zoltar, the tunes are very simple/minimalistic although you could say that of a lot of dnb, it does stand out a lot with nfm though, esp with how often nfm releases. theres enough uniqueness, progression and sometimes a bit of the surreal to some of the tunes, especially the zoltar ones
my favourite(though only a short clip) is this one

Last edited:
Been chatting with Joe himself (he got sent a link to this blog)...thought I would add some notes that he made to me (he said I should btw):
"I just do my thing I write more then what gets released, and have good relationships with labels, it's the labels which determine what comes out"

"I write various styles of rollers as that's what I like to play - I also write a lot of abstract music nobody ever signs. Just the way it's worked out for me."

Some good news for you:
"Zoltar is still going just not focused on it, Boys was the last release last year. There maybe an EP out later this year. The guy who does my Zoltar art has done my next Horizons EP art out Dec/Jan."

would really like to hear some of the abstract stuff he does!

16830643_10155012072416081_783759243052169616_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom