Need For Mirrors - Wood & Water EP [V Recordings] b2b Predict Which Label NFM Releases On Next

@rythmatix

He's had a tune out on Sick Music 3 as well, so I wouldn't be afraid to list Hospital :)

Also, he's featured on the Concord Dawn's EP on Uprising last year, he's had three tunes out on the last Digital Soundboy album, remix for RQ at label called DAWN...the list is really endless :)

Last edited:
I like Hurts. I also like Lithograph with Concord Dawn on Warm Comms. Two of his best this year.

And also, I forgot to mention two more labels he has released on this year, can anyone of you guys guess which it is, along with the tune? :D

Philth - Dreaming (Need For Mirrors Remix) on Flexout is one...and Hathor - Drama North (Need For Mirrors Remix) on Eternia should be the second one :)

First one's a re-release from 2012. Second one, fair enough, not what I was thinking though. Both tunes I'm thinking of are not remixes.

Huge lol about people marking him as "overrated", it's actually quite the opposite.
So you think he's underrated then. How can one be underrated when such a huge ammount of labels want to release your music?
Btw Hurts isn't too bad, it stands out in a mix. A fact that I'm missing in most of his tracks.

Yeah, I wouldn't say the guy is underrated, but then I realize these types of discussions are a bit bait for various reasons

and FG keep guessing you were pretty close at one point ;)

So you think he's underrated then. How can one be underrated when such a huge ammount of labels want to release your music?
You could perhaps describe him as underrated because when i think of NFM, the first thing that comes to mind is not a particular tune, but 'hit and miss' !

Personally i think the number of labels NFM has released on is not necessarily an indicator for the quality of his tunes.
Remember there was always a strong lads-crew, in-crowd type of thing going on in DnB.

wow, just looked into this...check out all the labels he has released on (minus the 'featured on a mix on a label' labels like Hospital and Fabric):
Advance//d Recordings
Blu Mar Ten
Celsius Recordings
Channel 82
Chronic
CIA
CIA DeepKut
Clear Skyz
Commercial Suicide
Digital Soundboy
Dispatch Recordings
Dispatch LTD

Soul:r ?

NFM is Mosus and he has so many releases on different labels because he's been in the scene for ages and knows everyone.

true

Personally i think the number of labels NFM has released on is not necessarily an indicator for the quality of his tunes.
I dunno...I think it shows a pretty good variation in sound, and enough quality that so many labels want to get involved. I can't think of many other artists that could/would be able to have the same sort of output as this - there must be a bit of work involved having to deal with so many different parties

And for the record, DFTF is probably the dullest tune he's ever done imo, never really understood the appeal of that particular piece as everyone seems to rate it and always mention it whenever NFM name pops out.

Dull's probably the wrong word, or do you mean dull as in boring? I mean his stuff is not really progressive and it's mostly monotonous rollers. It's just his style and DFTF is great collab because of DRS IMO. but hey opinions differ which is good.
"Hurts" is basically "Ethos" which is a big tune!

What is this 'Hurts' tune you are all talking about ? Is it forthcoming ?

EDIT: oh, its on Full Cycle

I dunno...I think it shows a pretty good variation in sound

variation in sound? really? the only variation in sound in the last years was Ethos IMO. The rest are pretty much similar dancefloor rollers that you'd either like or find boring.

variation in sound? really? the only variation in sound in the last years was Ethos IMO. The rest are pretty much similar dancefloor rollers that you'd either like or find boring.
yeah man. Ethos is very deep...compare that to Poison Apple, or then again Skip Rope, and they are pretty different. Greazy is a bit different again, and Mother Of Pearl is a straight liquid tune. Although, maybe 'versatile' was the word I was looking for...I still think N4M tunes are pretty hard to pick right off the bat a lot of the time as he doesn't seem to use the same elements tune-to-tune

Back
Top Bottom