Native instruments F1 controller

Been thinking about getting one of these bad boys, just wondering if anyone on here has used one or got one?? Are they as good as they look, or is it a bit gimmicky?

:)

There is nothing better out there for controlling the remix decks at the moment. The whole midi connectivity behind traktor for the remix decks is locked to the F1 for the moment. It will be opened up to midi mapping later in the year though. So, if you have the patience of a saint then wait and map it yourself. Otherwise, buy one . .

Did you use the sample decks in the previous version of traktor?

If not, I'm not sure its worth the investment.

Ok thanks for that. I dont use the sample decks atm but then again ive only been using Traktor since feb. Now im fully used to the switch i think i want more.

Defo havent got the patience to map my self.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I never understood the point of these things. 2 or 3 decks and a mixer does the job without annoying effects and overused samples etc.

But meh, each to their own.

I never understood the point of these things. 2 or 3 decks and a mixer does the job without annoying effects and overused samples etc.

But meh, each to their own.

yeah but if you can map it for cue points and traktors inbuilt FX then it would be pretty handy imo...

Defo havent got the patience to map my self.

Its quite an investment for something you dont even know you want! I havent used them myself but i know you can map basic commands of the remix decks to controllers. Get a cheap controller like an Akai LPD8 and get your hands dirty. You'll probably find a bunch of mappings over at djtechtools that will sort it for you.

Totally agree. Whenever I hear people use cue points and samples it cheapens the mix for me. Theyre usually off time and makes the mix so loud and crowded that my ears hurt.
It pains me that people think all traktor users are like that, you can be classy with effects, its just the youth with all their toys, gaters & beatmashers that create that rep.

yeah but if you can map it for cue points and traktors inbuilt FX then it would be pretty handy imo...

No point in spending £200 on a controller to make it do the same thing a £100 controller can do and is designed for. The Kontrol X1, I rest my case.

Check it out

[video=youtube_share;QC3PBTeMvzQ]http://youtu.be/QC3PBTeMvzQ[/video]

Looks pretty tightly integrated!
It'll take a while, but if it catches on we might see some producers releasing their tracks as remix deck compatible files. Which would be sweet as fuck, but it would take a hell of a lot of convincing for some guys to release complete stems of their tunes.

I'm currently using the S4 with the sample buttons mapped to the remix decks and have to say that I'm really enjoying them. I've never been a fan of using samples/loops in performances because I couldn't find a means to do it that didn't sound like it was being forced. The updated Traktor with Remix Decks has hit the nail on the head with its approach, IMO.

Cheers.

i was thinking of getting the X1 whats the difference?

The X1 is the go-to controller for dj's who need total control over traktors transport and effects and cue point functions. The F1 is for controlling the remix decks ONLY.
Now the F1 is out, there'll be a boatload of cheap X1's on the market. GET ONE! Fuck it, GET TWO!

The X1 is the go-to controller for dj's who need total control over traktors transport and effects and cue point functions. The F1 is for controlling the remix decks ONLY.
Now the F1 is out, there'll be a boatload of cheap X1's on the market. GET ONE! Fuck it, GET TWO!

Yeah i think i will been watching a few videos and that it looks amazing i just wana have a go on one!!

Back
Top Bottom