Mt. Lion Update with Logic Fix

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Following up from a previous post where we discussed the recent latency/response issues with Logic, Apple released a fix contained with the new update to Mt.Lion:

- A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins

So download that mofo ASAP.

Cheers.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
Was this the issue with the Logic EQ/spectrum analyzer? I'm still on snow leopard essentially due to this problem and all the agro I've heard people have been getting.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Was this the issue with the Logic EQ/spectrum analyzer? I'm still on snow leopard essentially due to this problem and all the agro I've heard people have been getting.
Yup. It was quite a pain in the ass, but I've been able to work in Logic with multiple Channel EQ's/Active Spectrum Analyzers without any issues...finally! :)

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
I'm still on snow leopard and there are a few bugs. Mainly when I use flex time. If I'm using the monophonic algorithm then press play sometimes it just quits.
CMD-s has now become instinctual.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
I'm still on snow leopard and there are a few bugs. Mainly when I use flex time. If I'm using the monophonic algorithm then press play sometimes it just quits.
CMD-s has now become instinctual.
I tried to stay on Snow Leopard as well because of all the backlash I continued reading about Lion/Mt. Lion, but eventually I noticed a lot of newer 3rd party plug-ins–while Snow Leopard compatible–didn't seem to run as smooth as they did when under Mt. Lion. I finally decided to take the leap a couple months back. You'll notice Logic seems to run much smoother IMO.

Perhaps do one last Time Machine backup and join us on the Dark Side that is Mt. Lion? *waves hand* The Dark Side compels you...

Also, if you do decide to go for Mt. Lion, I would urge you to do a fresh install if you can (though I know reinstalling plugins can quickly become a pain in the ass).

Cheers.