Mt. Lion Update with Logic Fix

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Following up from a previous post where we discussed the recent latency/response issues with Logic, Apple released a fix contained with the new update to Mt.Lion:

- A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins

So download that mofo ASAP.

Cheers.

Praise be! There is a lord. Thanks for the heads up lost. Ill have a look see when I get home. Hope this sorts it. It's been too long.

Thanks again boss.

Was this the issue with the Logic EQ/spectrum analyzer? I'm still on snow leopard essentially due to this problem and all the agro I've heard people have been getting.

Was this the issue with the Logic EQ/spectrum analyzer? I'm still on snow leopard essentially due to this problem and all the agro I've heard people have been getting.

Yup. It was quite a pain in the ass, but I've been able to work in Logic with multiple Channel EQ's/Active Spectrum Analyzers without any issues...finally! :)

I'm still on snow leopard and there are a few bugs. Mainly when I use flex time. If I'm using the monophonic algorithm then press play sometimes it just quits.
CMD-s has now become instinctual.

I'm still on snow leopard and there are a few bugs. Mainly when I use flex time. If I'm using the monophonic algorithm then press play sometimes it just quits.
CMD-s has now become instinctual.

I tried to stay on Snow Leopard as well because of all the backlash I continued reading about Lion/Mt. Lion, but eventually I noticed a lot of newer 3rd party plug-ins–while Snow Leopard compatible–didn't seem to run as smooth as they did when under Mt. Lion. I finally decided to take the leap a couple months back. You'll notice Logic seems to run much smoother IMO.

Perhaps do one last Time Machine backup and join us on the Dark Side that is Mt. Lion? *waves hand* The Dark Side compels you...

Also, if you do decide to go for Mt. Lion, I would urge you to do a fresh install if you can (though I know reinstalling plugins can quickly become a pain in the ass).

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom