mp3 wise.. where do you lot get ur music from?

to be honest i dont see a problem with downloading the mp3 for free if you already own the vinyl

to be honest, i think that's pretty fair. if you've bought the vinyl, you'd done your part, so to speak.

but it just fuels the circle of violence and hate....

FILE SHARING FUNDS TERRORISM ETC ETC ETC

To me it seems when artists decide that making music is going to become their sole means of income they begin to stray from their roots and focus more on what the majority of people want to hear. If you TRULY were making music becuz you have a passion you could care less whether or not people like your music let alone pay you for it. Now that being said a lot of artists DO have day jobs im sure they wouldnt be able to survive otherwise. But take for example Pendulum they obviously only produce/dj right? At the begining of their careers they were producing amazing (IMO)tracks (vault, bacteria rmx, submarines rmx etc) and took influences from various artists/genres. Then the money got to them and they got to a point where they were dependant on their music as their sole means of income and started producing things that were more accessible to the masses (in silico). What im trying to say is IT SEEMS that the more money you give these artists, the worse music they make lol

To me it seems when artists decide that making music is going to become their sole means of income they begin to stray from their roots and focus more on what the majority of people want to hear. If you TRULY were making music becuz you have a passion you could care less whether or not people like your music let alone pay you for it. Now that being said a lot of artists DO have day jobs im sure they wouldnt be able to survive otherwise. But take for example Pendulum they obviously only produce/dj right? At the begining of their careers they were producing amazing (IMO)tracks (vault, bacteria rmx, submarines rmx etc) and took influences from various artists/genres. Then the money got to them and they got to a point where they were dependant on their music as their sole means of income and started producing things that were more accessible to the masses (in silico). What im trying to say is IT SEEMS that the more money you give these artists, the worse music they make lol

Yeah, I mean real musicians fucking work at McDonalds to support their passion. And if you really love their music, you shouldn't pay for it - because paying them destroys their music. The only good music is nicked music.

I haven't read such shit in ages.

Fuck you.

If I'm doing something great, that brings people pleasure, am a professional, then I deserve to be paid. Allows me to concentrate on what I do great. And is an appropriate exchange of favors for favors.

safe well I can see what people are saying n understand why they might get upset about it. I don't know why this thread is still up here though because I deleted it last night!! but I might aswell leave it up here now for anymore newcomer (n yeah I'm one of them)
rocksteadyuk bruv man I feel your passion for drum and bass n I have read other people comments n I will set aside a fiver a week n buy from breakbeat.co.uk.. just for the record I don't claim to be anything I have decks, but literally only just purchased them.. if/when I post them up on the member mixes board maybe u can slate me that as well..
& Dustek - loud and clear ;)

THOU SHALT SUPPORT THE SCENE AND BUY THE MUSIC I WANT

Back
Top Bottom