DnB Most overrated producer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culture Shock not enough soul, yeah, right :teeth:

My pick is Mefjus. I like his tunes, I play them out, but I still don't feel there's enough diversity in his production so far hence why I don't really get everyone getting wet everytime they hear or read his name.
Then it's Fred V & Grafix, ever since they joined together they've been putting out weird and forgettable tunes, with the exception of One Of These Days and Purple Gates, which were just fine imo, still they are more hyped than they deserve.
And to finish my top 3, I'd say DC Breaks, as much as it hurts me. I loved their early releases but since they've signed to RAM, it was really going downstairs with their production, The More I Want/Take That was an awesome single, all their later tunes were just going weaker (I kinda like Creeper and Era, but that's about it).

As for the subject of Klute, I'm leaving this here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how different everyones answer is, the majority of what people have said i think are really good producers! haha

I agree in some ways with the call about Klute, he's always been a bit on & off for me. He's released some amazing tunes in his time, I have tons of his records at home. There's no doubt he has done an enormous amount for the scene, plus Commercial Suicide has released some really pivotal music over the years. But his last 2 solo albums were terrible imo, I just don't get that vibe at all. I play a relatively varied selection of dnb, & churn thru tunes like nobodies business with my weekly radio show. But listening to his last LP left me completely cold with not even the slightest sense, thought, or want to play a single tune off it.

On the other hand Commercial Suicide has been killing it over the past 6 months, been playing virtually everything that's been released.

You can't please all the people all the time i guess.

Bigup Klute & Commercial Suicide, the scene wouldn't be the same without them :beard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom