More bad news. Trace to close down DSCI4

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
It is with great sadness that I have decided to shut the label down after 12 years, sadly the numbers don't add up anymore. #dsci4

First Data announces he is quitting the scene and now Trace drops news like this. Shit day

DSCI4's been dead for some time now. They had 2 digital releases in 2009. 3 releases in 2010 and 1 release in 2011.

DSCI4's been dead for some time now. They had 2 digital releases in 2009. 3 releases in 2010 and 1 release in 2011.

Agreed. Trace is a badman, no doubt, but he has hardly been a cornerstone for dnb recently. YES I know he made the Tramen, YES he has made some killer, legendary tunes but it's not like Soul:R, Exit or Hardware are shutting down.

They've got 2 albums coming out soon

Amen Warfare LP
Spy Technologies 6 LP

At least!

It's not a rumour that Trace pretty much gave up on D&B a while ago. You never see him DJing D&B, producing or speaking/writting about anything D&Bwise so it was just a matter of time when DSCI4 would shut down tbh...

DSCI4 was the first label I've seen/read about so huge probs to them but lately there was almost no output whatsoever so it makes sense to shut it down.

I"m not sure it matters all that much which labels shut down and which don't. The music is still out there on other labels, its just not a viable way to make money unless you are Ram/MTA.

Back
Top Bottom