mixing problems which i cant get my head around

omowglio

ive got a few questions so this mite take a while. ive been mixing 4 about a year now and i always used to mix with one head phone with the qued song and then listened to the mix in the speakers with the other. recently after doing a live set i realised that i could here the song that is not cued and being played clearly and could never really tell the two apart. so i started to mix with two headphones on and blend the right headphone of both tunes, but i have then realised i loose the inital feel of the mix so im trying to go bak to using one head phone. but ive got the same problem again. what is it exactly im missing, is the speakers not loud enough or though they seem so. or am i missing somthing with the headphones and cueing it up. like to much treble or bass or to less bass or treble. but it seems that when i listen to the song cude up i can mix perfect, as soon as i bring that song in it drowns the other out and i cant hear it clearly and mistakes happen, and i have tryed bringing the bass out etc and lowevering the gain which works a little bit. any help really appreciated

MoWgLi-K in swindon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!vinyl all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(bar just the one cd deck)

o and should i focus on listening to the snare or the kick

MoWgLi-K in swindon

o and should i focus on listening to the snare or the kick

MoWgLi-K in swindon

don't try to listen just to one of them , listen the entire drum patterns of both your songs and then try to make the kicks, snares,.. of the tracks match together.. all I can say..

i personally always have problems with the high hats if u dont turn down the highs on particular traks no matter how good u bt match them those damn hi hats are always sounding messy ahhaha

don't try to listen just to one of them , listen the entire drum patterns of both your songs and then try to make the kicks, snares,.. of the tracks match together.. all I can say..

:word:

it depends on the beat, if you two beats with very pronounced kicks on the first beat of every bar then just working with the kicks will work, or two beats with snares in the same places etc...

I'v found it really helps if your feeling the tracks alot, cuz you tend to bounce along with them,

Then you can use that "bounce" to help you maintain the outgoing tracks' rythm in your head, while you listen to the incoming track through the headphones...

I'v found it really helps if your feeling the tracks alot, cuz you tend to bounce along with them,

Then you can use that "bounce" to help you maintain the outgoing tracks' rythm in your head, while you listen to the incoming track through the headphones...

Thats it. When your bouncing to both your all good. I dont tend to concentrate on any particular beat. Just feeling the tunes, im in my own little world once i have a skin in one hand and a crossfader in the other.

Back
Top Bottom