Matter closing down due to bankruptcy!

Taken from Docklands 24 news

MORE than 1,500 people have joined a Facebook group to save Matter nightclub from closing.

Yesterday, it was announced Fabric's sister nightclub at The O2 is shutting for the summer after making heavy losses.

It will look at reopening in the Autumn but is thought to be in heavy debt. It has apparently blamed the Jubilee line closures as a reason for its financial difficulties but rumour is that the venue will shut for good.

The Save Matter group has attracted many DJs and partygoers and DJs Yousef and Sasha have both expressed their sadness at the closure on Twitter.

One partygoer Hadrian Thomas said: "I loved the small room and the walkway over the big room. I reckon some better places will open up soon though. More intimate, not so far out of town and Fabric is still going anyway."

Matter opened in September 2008 as a state-of-the-art venue for clubbers and has hosted big dance music names including Mark Ronson, Eric Prydz, Faithless and Paul Van Dyk.

The venue can host 2,600 clubbers.

A spokeswoman for AEG Europe, which owns the 02, said: "We can confirm that the Matter nightclub has temporarily closed over the summer period with a view to relaunching later in the year. This decision has been taken by the owners of Matter. The reopening will be considered over the course of the next few months.

Y do people love matter so much? Possibly the most dull club ive been to. Devoid of any vibes. For me it has bated out DNB and seriously degraded previously top nights (Ram + Hospitality) which previously graced the hallowed End. i dont think they should go to the den... doesnt fit with its trendy skinny jeaned vibe which has replaced the end. CABLE ---- is the place to go!!!

cable is too small? ram came from the end, thats not exactly massive. the reason why ram has got worse is exactly because its in a massive club... bring back the vibes please/

Indigo2's floor is wooden, anyone's drink gets floored, you're walked around picking your trainers up every time. Plus, way too small compared to Matter.

way too small compared to Matter.

You kidding right?
Matter: 2,600 capacity
Indigo: 2,410 capacity
Fabric: 1,800 capacity

cable is too small? ram came from the end, thats not exactly massive. the reason why ram has got worse is exactly because its in a massive club... bring back the vibes please/

Dont forget Ram is much more popular and mainstream these days mate. Ram needs a big club.

You kidding right?
Matter: 2,600 capacity
Indigo: 2,410 capacity
Fabric: 1,800 capacity

Dont forget Ram is much more popular and mainstream these days mate. Ram needs a big club.

Fabric feels alot bigger than 1,800 i reckon

I am just copying the info from wiki and double checked with djmag.
(dame do I need to have ref like writing an essay from now on when I post lol)

Back
Top Bottom